Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

EFI Fuel Management Decision?????

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 11:16 AM
doug garrison
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EFI Fuel Management Decision?????

I have a 2003 FLHRI Roadking Standard. I purchased the Bassani True Dual Power Curve and I am going to purchase a big sucker intake stage I, but the choice of fuel management system is yet to be decided on. I am not sure which brand to pick. Vance and hines fuel pak, Bassani BX-043-51 EFI tuner, PowerCommander III, Rev Tech DFO, Dynatek FI Controller. If anyone could give any feedback on the systems I am thinking about it would really help.

Thank you

Old 01-26-2008, 07:33 PM
BVBOB
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: EFI Fuel Management Decision?????

True dual pipes will require a significantly different fuel requirement from front cylinder to rear, the dfo type tuners can only add an equal amount of fuel to each cylinder which will be based on the factory style exhaust configuration, personally, I would use a sert with some method of measuring afr(dyno, twinscanII) or the pcIII which can tune cylinders individually also.

Old 01-26-2008, 08:37 PM
EZ2Rider
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: EFI Fuel Management Decision?????

Agree totally with Bob and your decision should be based, IMHO, on which system in your area gives you access to the best tuner.

Neither one is really self tunable unless you are pretty expert. Takes a long learning curve to get it right and probably a dyno. That said, The PCIII may have a canned map you can download free to get you close or have Fuelmoto pre map it for your application.

The SERT is probably a better system technically but requires a really good Harley tech , usually, to get it right. I think most indies are more familiar with the PCIII at least thats what I found.

EZ