Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Headlight flasher w/button

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 10:27 PM
sqrlnts
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Headlight flasher w/button

My buddy was telling me about a unit that wires to the headlight and has a button that you push to toggle the headlight a couple times. I have seen the modulator that flashes all the time in the day and don't want that. Would rather be able to toggle it myself day or night. Anyone know where to find it? Thanks in advance.

Old 01-26-2008, 01:40 AM
vettedog72
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Headlight flasher w/button

I'm all ways afraid to blip my lights that it might be understood by the cage to pull on out. The fast auto blip seems to draw attention. Are there any stats that show any improved safety?

Old 01-26-2008, 07:44 PM
firefighter3666
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not trying to be negative, but it's impossible to provide real stats on collisions that didn't happen.

Old 01-26-2008, 07:52 PM
djamann
Club Member
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the modulator and glad I do. I can't tell you if it has prevented anyone from pulling out in front of me, but no one has since I got it. It is illegal to have a modulated headlight operating at night (I believe in all states) I have the Diamond Star from Signal Dynamics, http://www.signaldynamics.com/produc...dStar/dshm.asp, and it has a light sensor to disable it at night.

Toggle Modulation ON and OFF - The modulation of the headlight can be toggled on and off by the user at any time. When the bike is started the default is modulation ON. To turn the modulation on or off simply switch your bikes high low beam switch to the opposite position, and then back to the original position within one second (this can be done with the switch in either the high or low beam position).
Auto Night Shut-Off - The Diamond Star Headlight Module is designed to automatically turn on and off at specific light levels in order to comply with the DOT’s regulation of no night time modulation.
To Switch From Max to Min Mode - The Diamond Star Headlight Module is equipped with two levels of modulation to meet your visibility requirements. (Both are fully DOT compliant). The default level is "Max" when the bike is turned on, but can easily be toggled to "Min" or back to "Max" by simply pressing the horn button twice within one second.
Heads Up Alert - The Diamond Star Headlight Module can be connected to your bikes horn wire in order to add a visual alert to your horn’s audible alert. Pressing the horn will cause your headlight to modulate for 3 seconds, then return to steady on; or toggle between min and max mode for 3 seconds if it is already modulating.

Old 01-26-2008, 11:32 PM
wallyn
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah I agree sounds like the diamond star. Remember all of the modulators will only modulate during daylight hours. THe diamond Star operates as above. The Kisan and the Co-imagination operate off of the Highbeam switch and will only modulate when you have the high beams turned on during the daylight use. The Kisan and Co-imagination are plug and play in the headlight.

Old 01-27-2008, 08:05 AM
flhtc07ok
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are only 4 or 5 states that do not require by law the use of the headlight for operating a motorcycle. So I guess the question would be why would you want to turn it off - even momentarily?

But, if you want to, just cut the wire that provides the constant 12v to the normal headlamp filament and insert a toggle switch or push button (normally 'on'-type). There are three wires to the base plug/jack of the headlamp bulb (for a normal H4 bulb) - ground, highbeam, and normal.

I have to go along with the other post - any acknowledgement, for any reason,on the part of ascooter driverto a cage driver is interpreted as being the green light to do something stupid. Other than to keepmy eyes on others in traffic andsignal my intentions, I try not to let them know that I even know they're there. In the past, I've made eye contact with cage drivers and they then believe that because I'm 'watching-out' forthem, they can cut over into where I want to be - just because i looked at them, I'm now supposed tocorrect for their stupidity.

Anyway, good luck on the DIY project.