Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Anyone hear of the RideMaxx?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 07:54 PM
Paradox
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone hear of the RideMaxx?

Just saw this http://www.americanmicrofuel.com/index.html and it looks interesting.

Old 01-24-2008, 08:23 PM
Dsanchez
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Anyone hear of the RideMaxx?

Doesn't look to interesting to me. There are plenty of add-on products already out. I think the Wide band products have an edge....not that I use one. (yet)

Old 01-25-2008, 08:09 AM
rjmac53
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Thanks for posting the info. Always good to know what's out there.

Old 01-25-2008, 08:43 AM
Paradox
Novice

This makes it interesting:

"Includes Wireless Handlebar Unit with power and economy settings"

Old 02-11-2008, 05:52 PM
T_Bagger
Stage I

yeah,chatted with these guys at the V-twin expo. Very interesting product. You can essentially switch between two maps (one for economy and one for power)at the touch of a button on the wireless handlebar control unit. Pretty slick if you ask me. There's also an 'automatic' mode where the unit flips between the two maps based on the riders throttle input. The part that impressed me the most is the bluetooth-device compatibility. Maps can be uploaded wirelessly to the bike, and they had a demo setup where they were pulling information from the bike straight onto their cell phone!!Trick! At $299, it's a no-brainer.....

Old 08-11-2008, 11:09 PM
08HD
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Is RideMaxx any good?

Wanted to here some more opinions about this product. American Iron just ran an article about it and wanted to know what the HDforum family knows.... I'm all ears!

Old 08-13-2008, 09:54 AM
Live2Ride
Banned Camp
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We talked to them at Sturgis, and I read the American Iron article also. I'd like to hear more about it. Has anyone actually used one? Not sure if it would be worth gettin' since I have a PCIII on the bike already.

Old 08-13-2008, 10:23 AM
smcintos
Intermediate

I had one installed at Sturgis. So far I am happy with it. I get about 4 to 5 more miles per gallon of gas in the auto mode. I have not left it in the power or econo mode for a full tank yet . It also seem to help the heat from the rear head which came in handy in Sturgis traffic. It also seems to have more zip in the power mode, but it could be just in my head no way to check. It is about the same as a fuel pak with the option of making changes while on the move.
That's all I can tell you so far.

Steve

Old 08-13-2008, 10:32 AM
MNPGRider
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 51 Posts

thanks for the input smcintos. I just did an Iron Butt 1000, going out to Sturgis and back on my '06 Ultra, traveling virtually non-stop at stead speeds between gas stops, using the cruise control. I have a stock '06 with Stage One aircleaner and upload, and modified stock "Ebay" pipes with the center plates removed along with one third of the baffle.

Between gas stops at steady speeds: 60 mph, 44 mpg. This was Mn speed limit. 65 mph, 41-42 mpg (SD speed limit on secondary roads), 70 mph 39 mpg, and at 75 on the interstate, it dropped to 31 mpg. The last 165 miles I drove in the rain at 55 mph, and I got 49 mpg.

I sure would have like the opportunity to reset the factory lean fuel setting, which this device does, according to the American Iron article, which, btw, said it did exactly what the manufacturer claimed.

Old 08-14-2008, 05:11 PM
stonehead
Stage I
Default RideMaxx

I met these guys at V-Twin Expo and after some asking around found out that the two guys begind the design of this product are from Dynojet Research and are the ones who developed the PCIII. While talking to them I also discovered that they are the only ones in the company that know what they are doing. They had some young eye candy that was trying to play like a sales person and some bald guy that talked alot. As for the product if these guys designed it I am sure its worth trying. I wish them luck.

Quick Reply: Anyone hear of the RideMaxx?