Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Screamin' Eagle Pro EFI Super Tuner

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 06:08 AM
killerbob
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Screamin

Yes - but who want an extra box when the build in box is state of the art...
If you want Closed Loop - leave 14,6 cells at 14,6&nbsp\\;in the AFR table &nbsp\\;and instead increse values in Closed Loop Bias table from .520 mv to .798 mv - this will in reality give you AFR around 14,1

Old 07-17-2008, 06:23 PM
Shovelhead Bob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 4 Posts

killerbob.... you really don't understand how to tune do you??????
&nbsp\\;
Never mod the afr table unless you can verify the VE's are synched....
&nbsp\\;
That bike has true duals, AN AC unit, and mod'd muffs... That map is merely a starting point.... It is for a Touring Headpipe, SEAC and SE Muffs.....

Old 07-17-2008, 06:54 PM
Mikey8406
Stage I

OK...
U&nbsp\\;dudes have me lost. My dealer says with Vance and Hines dresser duals, oval slip ons, and SE stage 1 air cleaner, that&nbsp\\;I need the supertuner.
Stock 96&nbsp\\;Ultra otherwise. Is he ripping me? I just wanna ride..not race...

Old 07-17-2008, 07:59 PM
Shovelhead Bob
Outstanding HDF Member

With the true duals, you need somekind of EFI management....
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
Stock headpipe, slipon muffs and SEAC you could get away with the Stage I Legal upload... But the change in headpipe warrents the Tuning device....
&nbsp\\;
BTW, welcome aboard.... post an intro in the NEW MEMBERS SECTION at your earliest...&nbsp\\;

Old 07-17-2008, 10:44 PM
killerbob
Cruiser

Shovelhead Bob - Yes I do - It's all about getting the VE right. If the EFI doesn't know how much air passes through the engine it cannot calculate how long to keep the injectors open to in reality get the desired AFR.
&nbsp\\;
HOWEVER I do apreciate that it is an timeconsuming (and moneyconsuming) process to get it right.&nbsp\\;I have been amazed how well my setup runs with my slightly modified map, but OK I have SE A/C and Touring Headpipes And SE-Mufflers - and I am only guessing that Mikey's actual VE isn't VERY far from the "startingpoint" in the supplied map.&nbsp\\;By lowering the 14,6 cells to 14 will I think Mikey will be far on the safe side and FAR better of than running stock EFI/Settings with his setup

Old 07-17-2008, 11:13 PM
Shovelhead Bob
Outstanding HDF Member

So you are our new Tuning Expert?????? I hope Mikey and any others that are going to believe the lack of knowledge that you are sharing are banking that their motors will be GTG...
&nbsp\\;
Please do not elicit ANY MORE Tuning advice, unitl you get your credentials as a few other here have worked hard for years to attain....

Old 07-18-2008, 02:43 AM
ViennaHog
Intermediate

I don't want to hijack the thread, but I have an issue with my SuperTuner that others may have too. There is a function that allows to update the VCI firmware. I cannot complete the update as it stops with an error message 'cannot communicate with the VCI' at about 80 % of the installation. This happens no matter if the PC is hooked up to the INTERNET or not. Moreover, there is no version information of the VCI in the appropriate section. The VCI itself seems to work except some strange behavior on data logging/retrieval. The local dealer has no clue and HD does not offer any support. So I go to ask here.
Any insights are very welcome.
&nbsp\\;
BTW:

Old 07-18-2008, 06:32 AM
rocknrod
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sometimes I feel like im the straight man in a comedy routine.

Old 09-12-2008, 08:12 PM
klaybus
Stellar HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

OK...This thread is way over my simple lil head. Is this a plug & play super-tuner like on trucks & such or do I need to understand all of these variables to make it function? I was hoping for a simple plug & play...It evaluates what conditions are occuring internally & makes adjustments so I don't burn a piston & my engine will run at an optimal state....

Clay

Old 09-12-2008, 08:34 PM
Shovelhead Bob
Outstanding HDF Member

Klaybus... No, this is NOT a simple "Plug and Play"....

There is NO TRUE Tuning device that is...

All EFI management devices need some form of "Data Manipulation" to operate and perform to it's maximum potential....

The determining factor is how much effort YOU are willing to put forth to learn and understand to make the bike do what you want it to...

Quick Reply: Screamin' Eagle Pro EFI Super Tuner