Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Screamin' Eagle Pro EFI Super Tuner

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 11:05 PM
Steve Cole
HD EFI Guru
Received 3,682 Likes on 1,668 Posts
Default RE: Screamin' Eagle Pro EFI Super Tuner

ORIGINAL: Shovelhead Bob

FWIW, there is a tool in the Super Tuner software that is kinda neat... I wont use it, but is is pretty cool nonetheless... It is an EXCEL sheet that calculates your NEW VE's by plugging in your OBSERVED AFR and your DESIRED AFR... i.e. If you set your desiredAFR to 13, but you get 14.5 AFR at 50% throttle and60% MAP it will show you that you need to increase your VE table in that quadrant by 30 units...

I won't use it, but for some guys it is pretty neat....
Understand to use this new feature you have to have a dyno and a wide band O2 setup for it to work. It will not do a thing for the end user if he is trying to tune the bike himself.

Well for those of you who do not know me I work at TTS and wedesigned and manufacturedthe SERT and several other products for HD. Many updates that we wanted to do were turned down repeatedly by HD so that is why the product did not grow as it should have. That being said we will be releasing our tuning software for the HD bikes to the public in the end of Feb. first part of March. The product works on windows 98 and newer platforms and yes it's windows Vista compatible. It will look and feel like the SERT as it has always been owned by TTS but there are several upgrades being added for the first release. As many of you have figured out having files on the net is no big deal but that was something HD refused when we proposed it 2 years ago. As people send in files we will update our site with them but it's up to you the customers to send them to us for posting. The first release will get some pretty nice changes that I cannot speak about just yet but rest assured it will make tuning your DelphiHD bike much simpler and quicker than anything on the market. One feature I can tell you about is the ability to take a copy of a calibration that is currently on your bike, just plug in and upload the current calibration from the bike and save it to your PC. If at any time you want, you can simply program that file back into the bike as you have a copy of it. As the new product gets closer to release I will post all it's new features.

Old 01-27-2008, 06:43 AM
FXSTCHEWY
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Steve........Keep us updated.

Old 01-27-2008, 07:25 AM
TickTock
Club Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Steve Cole

FWIW, there is a tool in the Super Tuner software that is kinda neat... I wont use it, but is is pretty cool nonetheless... It is an EXCEL sheet that calculates your NEW VE's by plugging in your OBSERVED AFR and your DESIRED AFR... i.e. If you set your desiredAFR to 13, but you get 14.5 AFR at 50% throttle and60% MAP it will show you that you need to increase your VE table in that quadrant by 30 units...

Understand to use this new feature you have to have a dyno and a wide band O2 setup for it to work. It will not do a thing for the end user if he is trying to tune the bike himself.

Well for those of you who do not know me I work at TTS and wedesigned and manufacturedthe SERT and several other products for HD. Many updates that we wanted to do were turned down repeatedly by HD so that is why the product did not grow as it should have. That being said we will be releasing our tuning software for the HD bikes to the public in the end of Feb. first part of March. The product works on windows 98 and newer platforms and yes it's windows Vista compatible. It will look and feel like the SERT as it has always been owned by TTS but there are several upgrades being added for the first release. As many of you have figured out having files on the net is no big deal but that was something HD refused when we proposed it 2 years ago. As people send in files we will update our site with them but it's up to you the customers to send them to us for posting. The first release will get some pretty nice changes that I cannot speak about just yet but rest assured it will make tuning your DelphiHD bike much simpler and quicker than anything on the market. One feature I can tell you about is the ability to take a copy of a calibration that is currently on your bike, just plug in and upload the current calibration from the bike and save it to your PC. If at any time you want, you can simply program that file back into the bike as you have a copy of it. As the new product gets closer to release I will post all it's new features.
Steve,

We will be able to use any of the features of the new softwarewith the old dongle?

Old 01-27-2008, 09:58 AM
WVULTRA
Road Captain

Steve:

Great to see you surface and offer some imput here on the Forum.

Hope you check in often, and continue keeping everyone informed of all the new SERT developments.

Thanks, and best regards!

[sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 01-27-2008, 10:14 AM
StreetglideOK
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Now thats some interesting info. Sounds like since HD is going over to OTC, TTS isnt bound to HD's contract limitations and can unlock what the dealers have probably been able to do all along?

Old 01-27-2008, 10:46 AM
Shovelhead Bob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 4 Posts

Understand to use this new feature you have to have a dyno and a wide band O2 setup for it to work. It will not do a thing for the end user if he is trying to tune the bike himself. It can be done with a DTT/WEGO interface as well, for verification of OBSERVED v. DESIRED AFR.... Me, I am lucky, I have a Dyno w. AFR and Wide Band Commander, hence no need for the EXCEL conversion chart....

Good info... seeing as there will be qite a few tuners that will need to maintain BOTH software suites, for customer satisfaction.

I am really pleased to know that there will be a map retrieval function. Far too many times a bike has come in with an "Anomoly" that another tuner left in there, only to have never provided the customer with a copy. Starting from scratch is not fun, as you are well aware.

For the map database that you will have, is this going to be a "Paid Subscription" service, or a software update type access?

Glad to see that someone from TTS is a member of the forum... you guys have built a great product, and I for one use it religiously.... sounds like in a short time it will evolve into the PERFECT TUNING unit on the market....

Old 01-27-2008, 11:09 AM
WVULTRA
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: deadwood1783

TTS is no longer the software supplier. The new supplier for the " Super Tuner" is SPX Kent Moore. The screenslook more like theDigital Tech screens sincethe software is from the same supplier.There are currently no plans for "auto tune" or real time cell tracing, which would have been nice. Dealers will be limited to 4 Super Tuners per month as production on the new tuner ramps up. As the product is tuned the same way the old one is, there should be no problem in getting your bike taken care of while one product is ramped up and the older one is phased out. You will be able to paste and copy older tuning files from SERT to Super Tuner files. The new dongle marrys to the ECM as the old one did. The biggest advantage from my perspective is USB connectivety and the data record option on the new dongle.
SHB: Can you or Steve clarify this post above? Since Steve has posted his info, it appears there will be two software suppliers; or is Kent Moore only supplying the "hardware" side of the new Super Tuner?

Thanks for any insight.

Ben [sm=confused06.gif]

Old 01-27-2008, 12:49 PM
Steve Cole
HD EFI Guru
Received 3,682 Likes on 1,668 Posts

The SERT was and always has been a product of TTS. Just look under "help" and "about" in every copy of the software ever sold. We manufactured both the hardware and software. HD has never owned it. Up until last year there were agreements in place that no longer apply so we are taking the product to the public and it will be marketed as a TTS product once again. If you do some searching you would find we've been manufacture tuning and logging software since the late 80's early 90's. The product will revert back to the original names of Mastertune and DataMaster. Ever wonder why the file ext's were .MTx and DMx? Now you know why. The current product (SERT) can be run with both applications on the screen at once and you can simply "click" from one window to the other as this is a standard feature in windows. We have no involvement in the new tuner that HD will be selling. The maps on our site are a free service that we provide for anyone to download and use. It's a clearing house of maps for our products but it's up to you the public how good it becomes. As stated before I cannot get into everything that will be coming in our first public release but rest assured there are many improvements with many more to follow in future releases. Everything we've wanted to do for over 2 years is in the works but it will not all come out in the first release as it would take to long to complete it all. Any purchaser of our new TTS product will be able to update to the latest software free of charge. This is something we've wanted since we first started selling through HD back in 2002 but again they refused to move forward with much of anything other than to add the next model year for coverage to the product.

Old 01-27-2008, 02:11 PM
deadwood1783
Intermediate

Steve, thats great news. HD is a very difficult company to work with. They have so many other objectives they are trying to achieve and a maze of bureacratic crap to wade though. The two things I have repeatedly ask the engineers for are a get tune feature, and a real time cell tracing feature. I hope both of these are on your plate. I had heard you were recently at Dynojet and have been hoping your contract was up with HD since the engineers told me last week that SPX Kent Moore was going to be the new supplier. Keep up the good work Steve, and thanks for posting the heads up.

Old 01-27-2008, 02:21 PM
deadwood1783
Intermediate

One more question for Steve. Will you or any representative of TTS be at the Cincy trade show next weekend? Do you plan to have a booth there?
Thanks

Quick Reply: Screamin' Eagle Pro EFI Super Tuner