Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Help Program Stage 1 SERT basic steps

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 10:12 AM
gatorwalt
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Help Program Stage 1 SERT basic steps

I have an '01 Ultra with MagMarelli EFI. EFI had a leak, and we fixed it. Now I want to program Stage 1 back into ECM, without going to the HD stealer for three hours. I don't want any special tweaking, just program the Stage 1 program, which is TS270CC015.

I've got the SERT and a computer, here at home.

Can anybody just give me the few basic steps after hooking up the dongle, to typing in and programming the above basic Stage 1?

If this isn't the answer, I'll bite the bullet and go to the dealer.

Thanks in advance.

Old 01-17-2008, 10:32 AM
kwas
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Help Program Stage 1 SERT basic steps

There are a complete set of "How To" instructions on the disk that came with your SERT.
Butunless the ECM was replaced, or a "new/different" map was up loaded to it, your ECM should still have the Stage 1 map on it.....

Here's a quick cover of what's involved. You have to install the software on your lap top, open the program, find the appropriate map for your bike, open it, make sure ignition switch is off, remove your right side saddle bag, remove the ECM cover (body panel), hook up the cables to the ECM and computer, turn on igniton (don't start bike), have software recognized SERT and ECM,upload the map you've chosen, then follow the computer screen instructions as towhen to turn off ignition, wait ten seconds (disconnecting the cable from the ECM covers this time), igntion on..........fire it up. Start to finish takes about 15 minutes.......

But I cannot stress enough to READ the instructions that are on the disk......... these are perfect for explaining how to hook up and load the map..........

Old 01-17-2008, 11:13 AM
hoosierhog88
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here is a good website for SERT stuff.

http://www.w4jf.com/s_e_r_t_.htm

Old 01-17-2008, 12:02 PM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

It is very simple. Just follow the instructions and make certain your run switch is in the "run" or "on" position. I can re-program an upload in 3 minutes on mine.

Once youconnect the cable to the ecmand turn on the ignition the software will recognize the vin number. Then you find and select your map and load it into the sert software on your computer. wait a minute. check to see that you COM port is open on your computer. Then hit the upload button. You will hear the fuel pump cycle. Wait until you get the upload complete on the computer screen. Wait 30 seconds. Shut off the ignition. Disconnect the cable. Wait 60 seconds and start the bike.

Easy peasy.

Old 01-17-2008, 04:21 PM
gatorwalt
Road Captain

I appreciate you guys trying to help. I want the 3 minute plug in, program, and unplug.

Do you agree that the Stage 1 basic SERT program I need to try is:

TS270CC015

I believe that now that I have no leaks, the basic SERT for Stage 1 1450 should be fine.

I have another question, after going to the SERT website. What is the program 105HO103, and when is it used?

Thanks, everybody.

Old 01-18-2008, 04:54 PM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

The maps that came with your SERT will have a catalog of which ones fit your specific bike configuration so if TS270CC015 is the Stage 1 map for your setup go ahead and load it. I have no idea what 105HO103 is used for.

Old 01-19-2008, 01:44 PM
murphdog
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

105HO103 is for01-04 Delphi Softail/Dyna with shotgun/shorty exhaust. 1450 with SE air cleaner and mufflers.
Not for Magneti-Marelli.

Old 01-23-2008, 06:19 PM
gatorwalt
Road Captain

KBFXDLI, thanks for the advice. I took my desktop apart, carried it all out to the garage, hooked it up to my bike, and ran the Stage 1 SERT program. Bike runs nice and smooth. I still think I should be getting more bottom end torque.

Thanks, Murph, for clearing up that issue.

I guess my next step is to get somebody to boldly step out there and guide me through making some advanced editing on the SERT. I'm guessing I just need some help in the 1500-4500 rpm range.