Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Smart siren problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 09:49 AM
Neal
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Smart siren problem

Please help. I just added a smart siren II to my exhisting factory alarm system on my 2001 Heritage. I followed the instructions and found it to be an easy install. The only problem is that i get no chirp or audible alarm. I rode it for the 4 hrs recommended to charge the back-up battery with no luck. I even returned it to Harley for a new one and installed that. I checked the archives and found nothing that addresses this problem pertaining to alarms with the FOB with a button. I even tried to activate the chirp mode using the on-off ignition formula....Any ideas? thanks

Old 01-17-2008, 11:18 AM
prc1333
Tourer
Default RE: Smart siren problem

I'm having problems as well. My 08 UC has Smart Siren that I have installed. The remote pager all of a sudden stopped working. I've tried to reinstall it, but I'm sure the problem is my smaart siren 2.
Sorry I don't have a solution but thought I would watch for responses as well, cause we both seem to have smart siren 2 problems.
[/align]

Old 01-17-2008, 07:39 PM
Neal
Intermediate

I bought the Harley shop manual. Nothingin it about alarmswhatsoever

Old 01-19-2008, 01:29 PM
MCSarge
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 448 Likes on 309 Posts

Couple things to check:

Make sure the battery in the fob is good. They have a reputation for going dead rather quickly.
Make sure you have the smart siren plugged into the right plug. I know on the Touring models there are two plugs that are quite similiar in the same area. One is for the siren and one is the diagnostic plug.
Do you have the key symbol on the dash when you press the fob button? If not, is the TSSM mated properly to the alarm system?

I know on my 06 RK you have to press and hold the button on the fob for a few seconds to get it to arm. Then press it twice quickly to get it to disarm. Let me know if this helps.

Old 01-19-2008, 03:45 PM
Neal
Intermediate

Mcsarge, Thanks for responding. Iresentlyreplaced the fob battery and the security light works as well all functions except for the audible alarm or chirp. I jist looked and found only one plug near the sirenwhich is the one that is currently plugged into it. I think that all audible functions were somehow electronically disabled. I am unable to find any way to enable it...Any othe ideas?
Thanks, Neal

Old 01-19-2008, 05:02 PM
MCSarge
Outstanding HDF Member

I don't know of any way to disconnect the speaker from the siren. The alarm arms and the lights flash when you move the bike?

The only other thing I can think of right now is to check the electric manual and make sure your connected to the right connector. On my RK the wire was in a holder on the back of the ecm. I'm not familiar with the electrical layout of your Heritage.

Old 01-19-2008, 06:09 PM
Neal
Intermediate

Thanks, I'll look at it again

Old 01-19-2008, 06:51 PM
Neal
Intermediate

I looked at the shop manual and I do have it connected properly. Any other ideas?
Thanks

Old 01-19-2008, 07:31 PM
strawdog
1st Gear

According to the manual for my 08 FLSTC there is a 'slient' or 'chirpless' mode for the smart alarm system, however the alarm should still sound on movement or cycles. To switch between modes the manual states:
1. With the fob present, the Ignition Switch to IGNITION and the system disarmed, turn the Ignition Switch OFF.
2. When the system arms (2 flashes of turn signals), immediately turn the Ignition Switch to IGNITION.
3. Wait until the security lamp goes out, then immediately turn the Ignition Switch OFF.
4. When the system arms (2 flashes of the turn signals), immediately turn the Ignition Switch to IGNITION and wait for system to disarm.

Old 01-19-2008, 07:39 PM
MCSarge
Outstanding HDF Member

This is a 2001 Heritage not an 08. I am out of ideas at this point

Quick Reply: Smart siren problem