Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

security light problems

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 05:54 AM
komp6
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default security light problems

I ride a 05 Fatboy w/15000 mi. I am currently having problems with my security light illuminating momentarily after the bike is started. At one point after the bike sat for 5 days in 30-40 degree weather the check engine light also illuminated momentarily. I have the original battery still and feel it might be time for a replacement. Once the bike is running and warm I no longer experience this problem it is only when warming up after a shutdown and thebike cools off. Any thoughts? Am I correct in the battery theory?

Old 12-20-2007, 06:26 PM
Ned69
Advanced
Default RE: security light problems

I am pretty sure your problem is a fault code, and assume you have EFI and not carb.

I had the same, or very similarproblem with my 06 RKC. I found a thread here that gave directions on how to clear DTCs (Diagnostic Trouble Codes). It was fairly simple, involved holding the odometer button in and turning the ignition on. The odemeter readout then displayed information and I was able to step thru the different codes and read what the problem was, and then clear the code by holding in the button.

I'll see if I can find the thread, or the directions. If you can't find the thread, send me a PM or email and I'll send you a copy of the instructons.

I printed the entire fault code listing and directions and take it with me on long trips.

Ned.

Old 12-21-2007, 05:46 AM
komp6
Stage II
Default RE: security light problems

Ned69,
Thanks for the info, however, I am carburated. I now am experiencing the same problem w/ the security light as well as check engine light. If you have any info on carburated models I would appreciate any help. I hesitate taking to my local HD dealer, their service dept. has a lot to be desired.
komp6