Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

SERT cables

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2007, 11:32 PM
jtmurph00
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SERT cables

Ok, I got my brand new in the box SERTbut it didnt come with cables. I already went to Best Buy and got a serial port to USB cable to go from the tuner to my lap top. What do I need between the tuner and my bike? I only called one stealership and they told me that you cant buy the cables between the tuner and the bike, I hafta bring it in to them to be installed. I know thats a load of BS but can I get the cables aftermarket or does it hafta be froma dealership?

thanks

Old 11-25-2007, 11:37 PM
drdiesel1
Road Captain
Default RE: SERT cables

That's total B/S....[:@]The dealerhas a kit, but I don`t know the part #. Call another dealer. That dealer is a rip-off.

Old 11-26-2007, 06:10 AM
grandpawmoses
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: drdiesel1

That's total B/S....[:@]The dealerhas a kit, but I don`t know the part #. Call another dealer. That dealer is a rip-off.
Agree, and you can't buy just the one from the SERT to the bike. They're sold as a set including the one from the SERT to your computer.

Old 11-26-2007, 06:31 AM
jasonfish
5th Gear

I bought mine off ebay, from memory they were only US$23.95. & they came in a set.

Old 11-26-2007, 11:01 AM
rjrivero
Tourer

That is a crock of ****.

Order from Zanottis Motorsports or Hales HD in Ohio.

I think the part number is: 32108-06: is the SERT cable kit (MSRP $29.95)

You will get the cable for the bike, and the Serial Cable. Be careful with the Adaptor you purchased. I use the Belkin USB to Serial adaptor and it works well. Others are kind of hit and miss. You can get the Belkin version from Office Max, or Office Depot. I forget which one I got mine from.

Best of luck.

RJ

Old 11-26-2007, 02:44 PM
Trock
Outstanding HDF Member

Listen to RJ buy the Belkin adapter it will save you greef.

Old 11-26-2007, 04:49 PM
jtmurph00
Road Captain

32108-06 is the correct part # for the cables.

Problem solved. After getting the part # for the cables,I went back to the stealership. I just gave them the part #and got the cables. Didnt mention in any way it was the SERT cables I wanted, only said part #32108-06 and got it no problem. Came out to $31 after tax, not a bad deal. Returned the adapter to Best Buy and everything worked out.

Thanks for help everyone.

Old 11-26-2007, 05:00 PM
LMeyer327
6th Gear

You returned the adapter......so....that means that your laptop has a serial port? I've been looking at laptops and seems alot of the new ones don't have serial ports any more. Also, on the subject of laptops......anyone use their sert with a system that operates on Vista?

Old 11-26-2007, 05:09 PM
jtmurph00
Road Captain

Yes I returned the adapter, my laptop actually has a serial port. Its a business edition Dell from 2002. Im still running XP so I dont know about Vista.

Old 11-26-2007, 05:36 PM
rjrivero
Tourer

ORIGINAL: LMeyer327

You returned the adapter......so....that means that your laptop has a serial port? I've been looking at laptops and seems alot of the new ones don't have serial ports any more. Also, on the subject of laptops......anyone use their sert with a system that operates on Vista?
The SERT manual states it is not supported by Vista. Some folks have reported they used vista okay, while others had issues using it on their vista machines. Same thing can be said of the USB adaptors. Belkin's seems to work okay, others don't work at all.

Quick Reply: SERT cables