Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Commander assistance please??

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2007 | 08:38 AM
Hany
|
Intermediate
Default Power Commander assistance please??

Hey All, Here is my case: I have installed an 85" big bore kit (Cyl + pistons + rings only, stock cam and headers) on a 1997 ultra classic electra glide trike with EFI. Engine initially ran like **** till I installed power commander and closest possible map recommended by power commander tech support. Engine running much better now but a very distinct pinging (pinning) sound is heard after 60 mph and bike will not accelerate beyond that level and engine heats up real bad.
Could use some usefull advice from the EFI experts out there. Is it timing, do I need cam and or header upgrades, can I adjust anything in the power commander map to eliminate this problem???

Old 11-26-2007 | 11:47 AM
rjrivero
Tourer
Default RE: Power Commander assistance please??

It sounds like it's leaning out at the top. You can try to remove timing, or add fuel. The best thing to do is get it on a dyno or find someone with a wideband 02 monitoring systme (Like Twintech 2+) to find out what the bike is doing at the top end.

I wouldn't ride it without finding out what's going on. You can burn up the heads in a hurry.

Old 11-29-2007 | 10:49 AM
Aerosport
Novice

Hany,

You could add some fuel in the midrange and high range by using the button adjustment mode on the power commander. Maybe 10% in the mid and 5% in the high. Those adjustments can be made onboard the bike so it would be easy to adjust then take a test ride unit you get it closer.

Old 12-04-2007 | 07:43 AM
sayedg
Stage IV

Thanks very much for your assistance, sounds like the easiest way to go around it, but I cannot work those three buttons on the PC, tried playing around with them a bit, but nothing changed. Can you please let me know how to increase or decrease values using the three buttons on the PC.
Thanks