Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

WTK: Turn Signal Flashes Slow then Fast

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2006, 12:27 AM
HDF Tech
Banned
Received 152 Likes on 43 Posts
Default RE: WTK: Turn Signal Flashes Slow then Fast

OK , for the connectors, you can get them through the local HD dealer or .. HERE

As far as the casings for the wiring, check out the local Home Depot, they carry what you need there in different sizes, so measure the size you need before going there..

Glad you got a handle on it and I was wondering if I lost you with the post above showing the connections. It's easy to type things like that but on your end, it may be hard to understand.

In any event, all's well that ends well... Let me know how the finish product turns out.

Old 01-05-2006, 12:24 AM
ultravista
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TC, check out my other thread concerning lights. Just bought a (new to me) set of newer style bullet lights on ebay. They came off a Sportster. Do you forsee any problems installing them on a Softail? They look pretty much the same to me, multi-fit.

https://www.hdforums.com/m_217998/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm#217998

Old 01-15-2006, 12:40 AM
ultravista
Road Captain

I recieved my 02 stock turn signals today and had them installed (front and rear) in about three hours. There was a lot more labor on the rear set as the fender was in the way. Luckily for me, the new set came with the wiring harness and it made the install a snap.

The rear on the other hand was a pain in the a$$. Half way through the install, I had to make a trip to Lowes to get new hardware as the mounting bolts weren't compatible from Sportster to Softail. No big deal.

My erratic turn signal problem has vanished. When taking off the rear signals, they Kuryakyn (?) hardware had no ground wire. In fact, the stock ground wire was cut off in the wiring jacket and only the purple was attached. It must get it's ground from the bike itself. This may explain the problem.

I like the look of the bike with the new signals. Much better than before. I can now be seen when turning

Old 01-16-2006, 09:50 PM
dan789
6th Gear

I had the exact problem, and it turned out to be a bad connection between the brass bulb body and the socket.

Here's what happened:

Symptoms - just as you described.

1st - I thought there may be a bad connection between the bulb base connections and the socket. I cleaned the base points and socket. They needed cleaning, but this didn't fix the problem.

2nd - I cleaned the brass bulb base, and the inside of the socket. This did not help, but I was sure the problem was a bad connection. (Intermittent bad connection resulting in current fluctuations, which affect the blink rate).

Bingo - I removed the bulb, and squeezed the socket, so that it would put more pressure on the side of the bulb. Now, it works fine.

Your problem is probably a bad connection - somewhere.