Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Starter switch (key barrel type) wiring??

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 05:46 PM
rgm
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Starter switch (key barrel type) wiring??

I have a three position barrel type starter switch. I am wiring my custom and need to know what the three posts are on the back side of the switch. They are labelled B, IG and L. I assume IG is ignition and L is lights. Not sure what B stands for.

When I hook up, what wires go to the terminals on the switch?

RGM

Old 11-22-2007, 10:00 PM
rjrivero
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Starter switch (key barrel type) wiring??

I'm reasonably sure the wiring is the same for all HD ignition switches. Red is the power from the battery. Red with Black Stripe is the igntion power. Red with Grey stripe is the accessory power.

When the Switch is in the run position, then thethree wires are all in contact. In the accessory function, only the red with grey stripe wire is connected to the red wire.

The easy way to check is with a volt meter to check continuity of the terminals on the switch. In accessory position, then only two of the three will be in continuity.

Good Luck.

RJ