Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

PCIII USB and 02 Elliminator

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 10:19 PM
Jsans
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PCIII USB and 02 Elliminator

I noticed that the new PCIIIs have a 02 elliminator feature. I'm guessing that this would improve the performance on an 08 Street Glide, but I'm not sure how. I'm also concerned about any negative implications to the engine, if there are any.

Should the 02s be disabled?
Are the 02s left installed and connected? I'm guessing it shouldn't matter.

This could also be a warranty void, but I don't know if it could be proven if the PCIII was removed.

Anyone have the 02 elliminator PCIII?

Old 11-09-2007, 12:26 AM
Dsanchez
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: PCIII USB and 02 Elliminator

The o2 eliminators started with the 06 dyna line...so its nothing new. They became more mainstream with the 07 line. You MUST use them if you use a power commander.
There are other fuel management options ...SERT (Screaming Eagle Race Tuner) which utilizes the stock o2 sensors.
There are replacement ECMs that come with their own sensors like the Thundermax with Autotune or the DTT.
What is right for you depends on your build and future plans & MOST importantly, who your tuner is and his capabilities. Good Luck !

Old 11-09-2007, 07:42 AM
Jsans
Tourer

ORIGINAL: Dsanchez

The o2 eliminators started with the 06 dyna line...so its nothing new. They became more mainstream with the 07 line. You MUST use them if you use a power commander.
There are other fuel management options ...SERT (Screaming Eagle Race Tuner) which utilizes the stock o2 sensors.
There are replacement ECMs that come with their own sensors like the Thundermax with Autotune or the DTT.
What is right for you depends on your build and future plans & MOST importantly, who your tuner is and his capabilities. Good Luck !
The PCIII has an 02 Elliminator option. Does this mean that the 02 sensors can be disabled?

Old 11-09-2007, 09:10 AM
Arcane
Road Master

When you install the PC III you will unplug or disconnect the o2 sensors. The o2 sensor eliminators are used to cap the sensor cables leading to the ecm. The eliminators will fool the ecm by spoofing the signal that the ecm is looking for. Some leave the o2 sensors installed in the pipe and just cap or tape over the unused plug on the sensor cable; others remove the o2 sensor and screw a cap/plug into the sensor bung. While using the PC III I left the o2 sensors installed in the pipe and just disconnected the cable. If you later need to remove the PC III you can just reconnect the o2 sensors and everything will be back to stock configuration.

Arcane

Old 11-09-2007, 01:21 PM
adlerx
Road Captain

What all the previous posters failed to mention is that there is NO PCIII for 08 Touring bikes yet! The only tuning system available for the the 08 touring bikes at thes time is the SERT. This is do to the TBW, and redesigned throttle body and ecmin the 08 touring bikes.the aftermarket will catch up, just give em a few months...

Old 11-09-2007, 01:51 PM
glens
Outstanding HDF Member

None of that stuff should affect in any way what the PC-III does, and it should not effect in any way what that other stuff does. I surmise the only reason there's not an '08 PC-III available yet is due to availability of the ECM and sensor connectors (assuming the O2 sensor connector has changed as well). Naturally, Dyno Jet Research would want to ensure there are no adverse interactions before they release the product to the general public.

If the delay is due to other than the connectors, then look for added/different functionality from what the PC-III currently offers.

Old 11-09-2007, 04:00 PM
Jsans
Tourer

ORIGINAL: adlerx

What all the previous posters failed to mention is that there is NO PCIII for 08 Touring bikes yet! The only tuning system available for the the 08 touring bikes at thes time is the SERT. This is do to the TBW, and redesigned throttle body and ecmin the 08 touring bikes.the aftermarket will catch up, just give em a few months...
Dyno has confirmed that the PCIII for 08 bikes has been scheduled to be available by Dec. 1. 2007.

Does the PCIII allow you the option to retain the use of the 02s?

How much additional HP can be gained by ellimiating them?

Old 11-09-2007, 04:06 PM
adlerx
Road Captain

I think it's not the connectors. The 07 pcIII's will work on all the 08's except the the touring bikes which have a ecm that includes the cruise control and ABS integrated. They also use different cams and Maps than the 07's as I understand it.
Of course what I think and $2.50 will get you a cup of coffee....

Old 11-09-2007, 04:51 PM
glens
Outstanding HDF Member

The ECU connectors on the '08 touring lineup are different (more pins). Unless they've changed/added functionality, the only thing the PC-III does is modify the outgoing spark timing and injector pulses, so any internal changes to the '08s will only (maybe) require different maps to be loaded into the PC-III.

Old 11-09-2007, 07:46 PM
Dsanchez
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: Jsans

ORIGINAL: adlerx

Dyno has confirmed that the PCIII for 08 bikes has been scheduled to be available by Dec. 1. 2007.

Does the PCIII allow you the option to retain the use of the 02s?

Since we don't know what the 08 PC will do for sure...based on the 07 Models... it does not allow you to use the O2 sensors...you eliminate them.

How much additional HP can be gained by ellimiating them?
There should be no additional HP gained by eliminating them

Quick Reply: PCIII USB and 02 Elliminator