Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

sert CLB tables

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2007, 07:14 PM
hubble
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default sert CLB tables

Have version 4.6.2( Revision J ). I bumped up all cells to 798 in the closed loop bias table, but is this for both cylinders. I did not see a option for front and/or rear cylinder.

Old 11-04-2007, 07:48 PM
WVULTRA
Road Captain
Default RE: sert CLB tables

hub:

Yes, that version only uses 1 CLB Table.

Would highly recommend you purchase the v476 software (Ver. L).Then you'll have CLB Tables for both cylinders!

[sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 11-05-2007, 09:40 PM
hubble
Tourer

So are you saying that version 4.6.2 only adjusts one cylinder in the CLB tabke not both?
Thats verid [:-]

Old 11-06-2007, 03:37 AM
WildBill2566
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: hubble

So are you saying that version 4.6.2 only adjusts one cylinder in the CLB tabke not both?
No it adjusts both cylinders, just not seperately.

There is no real reason to be able to adjust the CLB for each individual cylinder for most people and applications. The VE tables give ample scope for fine tuneing, or even the AFR tables if you dont mind loseing the O2 feedback.

Old 11-06-2007, 02:33 PM
Jim Dawson
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

ORIGINAL: WVRDKING

hub:

Would highly recommend you purchase the v476 software (Ver. L).Then you'll have CLB Tables for both cylinders!

[sm=icon_cheers.gif]
It depends on which map you are looking at. The map for my '08 EGC has only one CLB table, other maps have two.
Ver. L software here too.

Old 11-06-2007, 05:17 PM
adlerx
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Jim Dawson

hub:

[sm=icon_cheers.gif]
It depends on which map you are looking at. The map for my '08 EGC has only one CLB table, other maps have two.
Ver. L software here too.
So Jim, what did you do with your map for your 08? What mods? Did you use map 100?

Old 11-06-2007, 05:58 PM
WVULTRA
Road Captain

Jim:

I'm assuming hubble is looking at map #78 since that is appropriate for his '07, Stage 1 Ultra.

Same map I'm using, and out of the box with both CLB tables set to maxx my '07 Ultra is running very well for a canned map!

I expect the next version of the SERT Software will probably have CLB Tables for both cylinders on the '08 Models.

Of course, YMMV.

Old 11-06-2007, 06:03 PM
WVULTRA
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: WildBill2566

There is no real reason to be able to adjust the CLB for each individual cylinder for most people and applications. The VE tables give ample scope for fine tuneing, or even the AFR tables if you dont mind loseing the O2 feedback.

Bill:

I can't imagine any tuner not wanting to take advantage of dropping the Closed Loop AFR down to 14.1-14.2 via the CLB Tables to aid cooling while still allowing very good fuel mileage while cruising!

[sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 11-06-2007, 06:23 PM
cjuetten
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bill:

I can't imagine any tuner not wanting to take advantage of dropping the Closed Loop AFR down to 14.1-14.2 via the CLB Tables to aid cooling while still allowing very good fuel mileage while cruising!

[sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Carbon buildup? A HotLean motor burnscleaner and last longer. Might not be the preferred choice when the motor islocated between your legs or you are looking for max power..........just offereing up a possible answerto your question.

Old 11-07-2007, 04:46 AM
WildBill2566
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: WildBill2566

Bill:

[sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Maxing out the CLB tables will bring the closed loop down to around 14.1:1 AFR across the board, which keeps temps down. By tuning the VE tables performance and mpg can be kept reasonable.

I get around 48mpg mixed riding on a UK gallon, better on a long high gear run. A UK gallon is bigger than a US gallon so that is perhaps not as great as it first appears, but it equates to about 180 miles between fills. I estimate I could get about 200 miles to a tank but always leave myself a little margin for error.

The CLB tables adjust everything in quite broad strokes, the VE and AFR tables allow finer tuning. I dont doubt that on a dyno I could get better but I dont have access to one so have to rely on road based data runs using the SERT software. I only use the spark advance/retard when I cannot get the desired results with the other tables and need to reduce knock in a specific area.

I just changed my plugs out at just a little shy of 10,000 miles and they looked perfect, no carbon, and no evidence of excessive heat problems.

WB

Quick Reply: sert CLB tables