Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

V&H FuelPak or ........

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 09:45 AM
DCRANER
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V&H FuelPak or ........

Have an 07 FLHRS, A/C, Slip-Ons, HD Download, Oil Cooler. So, runs good enough for me, but still too hot / lean at idle & cruise. Would the V&H FuelPak be enough to cool down somewhat, and am I correct that it will only help the cruise AFR and leave the idle AFR still very lean? Or, would I need to do a SERT, TMAX etc. to really cool it down?

I figure the V&H FuelPak is tempting cost wise, but don't want to waste money either.

Thoughts appreciated.

Old 10-31-2007, 04:44 PM
Lost1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: V&H FuelPak or ........

I went with the Fuel Pak, and yes- it only works off-idle. But it has been my experience (riding with others) that in a traffic jam on a hot day the engine gets just as hot with the more expensive systems as it does with the FP because with no airflow across the fins, it's gonna get hot regardless of the AFR. The oil cooler helps in all circumstances, and between stops in traffic the FP works as well as any other system in providing a richer mix to help cool things down.

If you plan big mods down the road with your bike a PCIII, T-max, SERT, etc. might be the best route. But if all you're looking to do is richen up the AFR with nothing more on the engine than a Stage 1 kit & maybe some different cams, the Fuel Pak will do the job for you.

Old 11-09-2007, 10:27 AM
deadman77
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 89 Posts
Default RE: V&H FuelPak or ........

I have been searching the forums this morning wondering the same thing. I was all set to go with a Fuelpak but now I think I am going with the PCIII. Its much more adjustable and Fuelmoto is very helpful. Its a few bucks more but I think I am going with the PCIII.

MikeM