Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

"08 Dyno Results?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 03:47 PM
TNBagger
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default "08 Dyno Results?

I have done a basic stage 1 upgrade on my '08 Ultra and it performs better than stock but not up to what I suspect it can do. I have an SEAC, SEstreet performance mufflers (64985-07) and a stage 1 download. I know that the throttle islimited to 80% open under 3000 RPM and my bike does scoot pretty well between 3000 and 5000 RPM. I an looking for better throttle response under 3000 RPM primarily. Does anyone have any dyno results and comments they will share as a result of installing an SEAC,replacement slip-ons and a SERT on an '08 bike?I have only seen one report of '08 dyno numbers and they weren't all that great to be honest.

Old 10-29-2007, 06:04 PM
adlerx
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: "08 Dyno Results?

ORIGINAL: TNBagger

I have done a basic stage 1 upgrade on my '08 Ultra and it performs better than stock but not up to what I suspect it can do. I have an SEAC, SEstreet performance mufflers (64985-07) and a stage 1 download. I know that the throttle islimited to 80% open under 3000 RPM and my bike does scoot pretty well between 3000 and 5000 RPM. I an looking for better throttle response under 3000 RPM primarily. Does anyone have any dyno results and comments they will share as a result of installing an SEAC,replacement slip-ons and a SERT on an '08 bike?I have only seen one report of '08 dyno numbers and they weren't all that great to be honest.
Under 3k (2750 actually) you have the slow throttle plate opening and that at this point can't be addressed by the race tuner or any other device. Be patient, the aftermarket will figure out something. Or just do what I do and ride above 3k! That's where the bike is made to run anyhow. You might also wanna get a decent 2 into 1 and a real SERT tune, that should help with the available tq under the curve that you have access to at the 80% throttle under 3k...

Old 10-31-2007, 08:53 AM
TNBagger
Cruiser

Perhaps I need to rephrase the question. Has anyone had a stage 1 done to an '08 bike and then gone on to get a SERT installed later? If so, what werethe results? Better performance, not much fifference, or what? I suspect that getting a SERT with a dyno run will get the maximim results but that will cost another $700.00 or so.

Old 10-31-2007, 10:46 AM
basscat
Intermediate
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Ihave a 08 egu I put V&H true duels and slip on classic. I had the flash done and rode it to az. I put the high fow filter and a sert in az.The bike ran a lot better, more power and cooler

Old 11-02-2007, 09:58 AM
Hrd Rider
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just sold my 05 Ultra and bought an 08 Heritage.Prior todelivery I had Rinehart Slip On's and Hi Flow K&N Air Filter installed, then I had a SERT installed with a 3K Dyno Run and the SERT generic mapping performed since bike only had 8 miles on engine. The bike ran well except for the Decel Pop which I can't stand. At 1024 miles I had my SERT re-calibrated and a two hour Dyno Set Up. Bike ran fine except I still had that damn Decel Pop. Tech could not get rid of decel problem after my taking bike out for trial run each time he made an adjustment on the SERT. By the way he was supposed to be an expert at Dyno Tuning the SERT ( sound familar ). The final HP reading was 72.81, the final TQ reading was 86.92. Torque curve was flat from 2.2 Kto 4.5 K before it started to roll off, HP peaked around 4.5 K. I think the HP couldbe better and I know that Decel Pop can be eliminated. If any one has any ideas on eliminating the D Pop let me know . Right now I am running rich at Zero Throttle position.

Old 11-02-2007, 04:47 PM
TNBagger
Cruiser

Well I went for it today and installed a SERT. The tech max'ed out the CLB table settings to get a richer A/F ratio.Now the bike pulls smoothly from a stop without the under 3000 RPM flat performance that it had before. The Stage 1 download that I had was a 103"street legal version which was OK but no where as good as the SERT. I will get the bike dyno'ed after I ride this way for a while. Like the other posters said, save your money on a Stage 1 download and get a SERT.

Old 11-06-2007, 06:21 PM
adlerx
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: TNBagger

Well I went for it today and installed a SERT. The tech max'ed out the CLB table settings to get a richer A/F ratio.Now the bike pulls smoothly from a stop without the under 3000 RPM flat performance that it had before. The Stage 1 download that I had was a 103"street legal version which was OK but no where as good as the SERT. I will get the bike dyno'ed after I ride this way for a while. Like the other posters said, save your money on a Stage 1 download and get a SERT.
So TNB, what map did he use from the SERT? Most are using map 100 and maxing the CLB's for stage 1 and pretty happy without going the extra $$for decent dyno...
So besides which map and your mods,any other changes to the tables you know of?

Old 11-07-2007, 06:06 AM
TNBagger
Cruiser

The tech who did the download on my SERT told me he used 200TL001 (unless I wrote it down wrong). He maxed out the CLB tables but didn't do anything else. He has a good SERT background at another dealer but the dealership where I had the work done is just now putting in a dyno so I will have him do the complete job in a month or so. He didn't want to adjust anything else because it would be a guessing game to adjust A/F ratios and change the timing without a dyno.