Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

95 heritage turn signal issue

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 11:21 AM
generallee01
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 heritage turn signal issue

Hey guys, I just bought a 95 heritage a few weeks ago and am trying to figure out whats going on with the turn signals. The bike had no light bar or front turns on it when I bought it. The left rear signal goes on and stays on when you hit the switch. the right does nothing. I have checked the bulbs, most of the wiring and grounds, replaced the modulator, and checked the switches. I am assuming that its somehow relating to the fact that someone once removed the fronts. How can I make the rears work?? Anyone run into this? Thanks, -Pat

Old 10-29-2007, 11:47 AM
generallee01
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 95 heritage turn signal issue

well I pulled the tank off and checked everything else, cleaned the grounds, put dielectric silicone on everything ect ect. Now out of the blue when i have the low beams on, it trips the circuit breaker! Everything is fine when its on high beam! You cant make this stuff up, all I want to do is ride.....the season is getting slim! -P Still no turns.

Old 10-30-2007, 09:36 AM
dert
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 95 heritage turn signal issue

go back and look at the wires you cleaned under tha tank..something is shorting out.Next pull the rear bulbs out and look at the sockets.these are a one wire system..they will vibrate loose and cause the light to act irratically....secure thesockets so they will not slip around on the housing.Tap them down some,just crimped in place and use some silicone around the outer edge to secure more.The socket is the ground...i had a very similar problem and this solved it after months of chasing it down(kind of like a bunch of monkeys trying to screw a football)