Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

SERT Maps

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 04:40 PM
MassHD
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default SERT Maps

Has anyone tried this company? Thinking of buying the sert myself and have them make me a map.

www.hdmaps.com

Old 10-15-2007, 04:56 PM
hoganth
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SERT Maps

Save your money!!!!!!

Old 10-15-2007, 05:52 PM
Street06
Advanced

I tried them and was not happy. $70 down the drain.

Old 10-15-2007, 09:04 PM
drdiesel1
Road Captain

Why pay extra for what alreadycomes with the SERT.
The biggest problem with this is you really have no idea what your buying. Someone mods a map and label's it for xxx with xxx and xxx. Can you tell what its for, what it started as and whats been done. Will it cause problems because its not compatible......???
To me, its a big leap of faith. One that I would not consider with my money. Total rip-off - IMO.

Old 10-15-2007, 09:49 PM
Lowcountry Joe
Elite HDF Member
Received 66 Likes on 46 Posts

IF you want to learn about the SERT, what it can do, what it can't do, etc., maybe you should check this out:

http://www.w4jf.com/s_e_r_t_.htm

Version J of the SERT companion CD has over 30 pages of calibration files available that cover most HD models with Screamin Eagle add-on accessories through MY 07. If you venture away from HD hardware, which many (most) of us do regarding headers, mufflers, air intakes, cylinders, cams, etc., etc., then you should use the HD calibration file that is the closest to your particular set-up as a starting point, ultimately refining this file for your particular hardware. Since the SERT is not for the impatient, a thorough understanding of EFI theory and associated hardware compliment will help you weave togehter the relationships of the various tunable fuel system and engine elements. If you are fortunate enough to have a skilled SERT technician with an AFR (air fuel ratio) dual sensor Dyno at his disposal, he will be able to dial-in an tweak your bikes runnability parameters, thus maximizing HP and Torque for your particular setup. If you end-up contracting a technician to dyno your ride, be sure that you get a copy of the optimized file he burns into the ECM. You pay for it and it's yours. Insist that he put it on a floppy (or memory stick) for you and hands the floppy to you with your receipt!!! I would also ask him to email the file to me as a back-up measure. The calibration files are generally less than 100K, so they are very small and easily emailed and transferred. I would have this understanding with him before ANY work is done. If he refuses, forget his sorry *** and go elsewhere.
Good Luck,
Joe

Old 10-15-2007, 10:32 PM
MassHD
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks guys that was real helpfull.

Old 10-17-2007, 11:03 AM
fireturd
3rd Gear

That site is a hack. Definitely save yer $. I was trained by one of the guys from that site, and have since figured out he was full of BS. Any shop with an experienced dyno tech can do better