Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Thundermax the best?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 12:05 AM
glens
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Thundermax the best?

The only downside to the TMAX is that it doesn't make fueling use of the MAP sensor. I believe it does use it, but only for timing. The other replacement engine control system, DTT, acts similarly.

Best of all worlds would be wide-band sensors with closed loop everywhere and Mass Air Flow measurement. Maybe some time in the next few years...

Old 10-17-2007, 06:23 PM
donk_316
Road Master
Received 72 Likes on 49 Posts

What about installing the WBO2's? does the wiring follow the stock wiring locations?

Old 10-17-2007, 06:26 PM
SGDude
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The TMAT has it's own connections to the WBO2's. The stock ones are plugged and the new O2's wiring is run back to the connections on the TMAT, though they do run a bit different route than the stock wiring. Download the manual from thunder-max.com and they show examples for each style of bike.

Old 10-17-2007, 09:41 PM
donk_316
Road Master
Received 72 Likes on 49 Posts

See i tried doing that and i cannot find the install instructions... well i can find "add autotune to your thundermax" but it doesnt show wire routing.

Maybe im looking in the wrong place?

NM i found it!

Old 10-18-2007, 03:13 PM
ToBeFrank
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The only downside to the TMAX is that it doesn't make fueling use of the MAP sensor. I believe it does use it, but only for timing. The other replacement engine control system, DTT, acts similarly.
The TMAX does not use MAP for timing. The DTT does.

Old 10-18-2007, 04:01 PM
glens
Outstanding HDF Member

Thank you. I like to give correct info so I appreciate getting it.

Old 10-18-2007, 06:49 PM
rbabos
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Is the auto-tune still a separate module or have they incorperated it into one package? Looking on the site it shows the ecm with the o2 sensors, but also shows the separate auto-tuner with them.
Ron

Old 10-18-2007, 07:18 PM
Arcane
Road Master

My T-Max with Auto Tune came as an integrated unit, but the Auto Tune is still available as a separate module for those that wish to add it to an existing T-Max.

Arcane

Old 10-18-2007, 07:40 PM
rbabos
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks, that clears up my confusion.
Ron

Old 10-19-2007, 04:18 PM
usaborn_01
Cruiser

I'm supposed to receive my Tmax w/autotune this eve when I get home. I talked w/ tech at Zippers here in Maryland about adding Tmax to my 07 Ultra and was sold after talking with them. I also contacted Shooter64 here on the forum since I heard that he sells for at least $200 less than Zippers(who is in with Thundermax) as seller/manufacturer. Zippers tech agreed that others sell less than them and that they still are the ones to warrant it if it fails or if I experience probs with it. Shooter64 did price it to my door for just over $200 less. He also indicated that if I wasn't happy with it to return it to him for a refund, but he didn't see that happening since my bike would run cooler and also the way it should. I also got a set of Rush slipons(not sure of baffle size yet) that were used one season off of Ebay. Hope to install this weekend and have a New new ride with some rumble

Quick Reply: Thundermax the best?