Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

race tuner or harley remap

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2005, 04:48 AM
rastas
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: race tuner or harley remap

yeah international models dont have o2 sensors.dont realy know if that is good or bad?spose it gives a little more freedom in modding.

Old 12-22-2005, 03:43 PM
CHEYENNE
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: Wolfx
I was sold a SERT and didnt know it till I was about to head home for the first time........dealer used the SERT to do the HD download, never tweeked or adjusted anything and handed me the box as I was leaving the dealer.......

I had a PCUSB installed and dyno tuned. Watched the whole process and as far as I am concerned got a great tune that will serve me for life since I will not do any further mods to my bike.
Ok why did you spend more money on the PCIII when you can use the SERT you ALREADY had and had them dyno tune the bike using that instead???

Whoever sold you the PCIII screwed you over if they knew you had the SERT already.

Old 12-25-2005, 09:47 PM
Bruce00
Extreme HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

For the record

I had the HD download installed along with the SE big bore and 203 cams.
Bike ran like chit.......sneezing and popping thru the intake and stalling. The factory sent a set of CVO 103 injectors and they where installed on my 06 Road King Classic.

Now the bike runs great!!!!
but
Santa brought me a used Bassani Road Rage and a PowerCommander!
hehe
gotta love it

Old 12-31-2005, 04:07 AM
New Dyna Guy
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK, let me get this straight. SE baloney slip ons (or any pipe), SE Stage I kit which requires the ECM calibration (download) AND the Race tuner to get the best performance and long term use. WOW all this stuff for a first time HD owner is very stressful.

By the way love the forum keep up the good work guys, ladies

GUY

Old 01-09-2006, 11:43 AM
mtr14
6th Gear

I've got an 06 Stree Glide with a big bore and the race tuner and after market slipons. It run great no poping and will spin the tire when I want it to... In the summer I plan on have some head work and installing an oil cooler to help with the Texas heat. I completely happy that my dealer suggested the tuner. http://www.centraltexasharley.com/centraltexasharley/

Old 01-10-2006, 12:14 AM
SubZer0
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My bike goes on the dyno tomorrow and will be tuned with the SERT. I post tomorrow night with results.

Old 01-12-2006, 04:36 AM
06Heritage
Tourer

Ive got the screamin' eagle proII slips-on's...the SE aircleaner...and just the stage one downoad...and the bike runs great. so if " THE DOWNLOAD IS CRAP " , why does the bike run so good ?? [8D]

Old 01-12-2006, 07:27 AM
Sooee
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh dear, I am getting nervous now!

My 06 Bobber arrives in March and I have the SE ProII slip ons, SE Stage I AND an international bike (no O2 sensors?). I was planning on getting the HD dealer to do the download.

I know that the 06 Dyna's are a different beast to the 05's and prior, so the question is: WHAT THE HELL DO I DO?

Should I cancel the download and get the SERT? Should I get the SERT and keep the download? Could I get away with the PCIII on its own? What about a FI-1340ST TFI Electronic Jet Kit from DOBECK?

Sorry guys, I am totally lost and confused now and don't know what combination is for the best ... help?

Old 01-13-2006, 03:00 AM
SubZer0
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK, I got the numbers from the dyno tune I had done. I don't know about you guys but I think these numbers suck.[:'(] Max Power 70.57 and Max Torque 84.19. according to the charts in the Screamin Eagle catalog for a Stage II big bore is should be 80HP and 98 Torque.
I'm starting to wounder if they know what their doing.

Old 01-14-2006, 07:17 PM
ROADTRAIN
Road Captain

Sooee I ordered a Streetbob for my wife,arrives aprox march. I purchased 1340ST but since have found out it not work because of international models without 02sensors,I live in Australia. I have ordered a SERT from M&M cycles have been dealing with them for some time, I have not had a problem with this company.

Quick Reply: race tuner or harley remap