Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

race tuner or harley remap

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2005, 01:48 AM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 157 Likes on 53 Posts
Default RE: race tuner or harley remap

Your dealer is the "Dumb and Dumber" one of the bunch. The 06's are the first one's that you HAVE to have a Race Tuner or PCIII to make them run. If you spend that much money on your motor and let him install an HD Download then you are screwed. Remember this post if you do cause I would like to hear from you on the performance of your bike. There is no reason to build a big inch motor without proper tuning which includes a dyno.

Your dealer will of course tell you we don't know what we are talking about. There are alot of smarter people on this forum than there are good dealers.

[sm=biker2.gif]

Old 12-13-2005, 02:53 AM
SubZer0
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been going through a similar situation with my 05 Road Glide. I had the stage II big bore kit installed with the 203 cam's and SE pro slip-on mufflers. The dealer accomplished a download at that time, the bike pops on decel and misses between 1000 RPM and 2000 RPM. I went ahead and purchased a SERT P/N 32107-01D form Chicago Harley (http://chicagoharley.com) for $367.96 including shipping, I haven't received it yet they are out of stock. When I do receive it I'll take it down and have it dynod, dealer quoted $80.00 per hour, estimated approx 3 hours. (THE DOWNLOAD IS A PIECE OF CRAP!!)

Old 12-14-2005, 02:09 AM
DUMB AND DUMBER
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll be in contact with the dealer on wednesday and let you know rheir response.

Old 12-14-2005, 11:21 AM
pilot1996
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 6 Posts

If they are not going to Dyno the bike, pay for the SERT...you can get one through the internet for well under MSRP...try M&M Cycles or the Chicago HD that I keep reading about.

If you do not pay for the SERT, you will pay for the download...and then you will eventually buy a SERT or PCIII to change the tune later...when you dyno the bike.

The SERT will allow you to retune the bike anytime you like, as it is programming the ECM. Just save the original setup before you start "tweaking" if you like...but the only way you will get a good tune is on a Dyno...

There is software out there somewhere to make the SERT movable from bike to bike...I have not found it yet, but I'm looking.

Mac

Old 12-14-2005, 12:10 PM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 157 Likes on 53 Posts

Damn Mac

That's what I have been saying all along.

[sm=biker2.gif]

Old 12-14-2005, 01:35 PM
Tiffy
Advanced

Gotta chime in here boys. I have not had any problems with the HD download. The bike runs very well, no popping on decel, no missing or backfireing. My dealer had the right map for my set up I think.

Old 12-14-2005, 04:49 PM
pilot1996
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: Tiffy

Gotta chime in here boys. I have not had any problems with the HD download. The bike runs very well, no popping on decel, no missing or backfireing. My dealer had the right map for my set up I think.
Dealer map gets you in ball park...Perfection is attained at the Dyno...personal preference, no doubt Some really like the idea of tuning it and get off on it, some are perfectly content with dealer download. In the end, are you happy? That's what matters...

Sounds like you are, and THAT really IS what matters!

Mac

Old 12-16-2005, 07:17 PM
DUMB AND DUMBER
Intermediate

Dealer will Dyno the bike (guess this is included in the price for the stage II) after I put on another 500 to 700 miles. Also, they will DYno the bike until everyone involved is satisfied and at no additional charge. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Old 12-17-2005, 03:13 AM
DUMB AND DUMBER
Intermediate

Terryt...., so far you're correct that an '06 won't run on a download alone. The dealer is claiming he has a new download ordered. We'll see.

Old 12-17-2005, 10:39 PM
rastas
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hey there picked up my bob on 12th dec,had s&s slip ons ,moco download and se a/c kit (k&n filter) installed pre delivery.not sure wich d/l was used ,but bike runs damn fine.
as with o2 sensors seems like they were removed and brass bungs used to close holes.were they removed or australian version didnt have them installed? will check box of bits given back 2 me from dealer. repeat bike runs great.cheers

Quick Reply: race tuner or harley remap