Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Need some help determaning what a specific error code could mean

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 11:51 PM
raaaaaa
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Need some help determaning what a specific error code could mean

well, i took tour advise and purchased both the carb cleaner (sensor safe) and the induction cleaner. I first cleaned the throtle body with the card cleaner it wasn't that dirty but dirty enough, then I warmed the bike and used the induction cleaner ot the IAC at 1500-2000 rpm I used most of the can on the IAC and the rest for the throttle body.

The thing is being that I had no symptomsto go with this engine light I can't tell if it worked....and being that on my particular bike theres no way to reset the light other thanstarting, runing (30min) 50 times which could takea month...

I can say the bikes strarts faster I haven't taken it for a spin but I willTUE....

??????

Old 10-09-2007, 12:12 AM
drdiesel1
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: raaaaaa

well, i took tour advise and purchased both the carb cleaner (sensor safe) and the induction cleaner. I first cleaned the throtle body with the card cleaner it wasn't that dirty but dirty enough, then I warmed the bike and used the induction cleaner ot the IAC at 1500-2000 rpm I used most of the can on the IAC and the rest for the throttle body.

The thing is being that I had no symptomsto go with this engine light I can't tell if it worked....and being that on my particular bike theres no way to reset the light other thanstarting, runing (30min) 50 times which could takea month...

I can say the bikes strarts faster I haven't taken it for a spin but I willTUE....

??????
Ride it and see it the light comes back on...[8D]

Old 10-10-2007, 11:38 PM
raaaaaa
Road Master

well......
Looks like your recomendations worked!!!
after cleaning up the throtle body and IAC I ran the bike, not far maybe 5 miles, to a local coffe house and after sitting there shooting the sh#$% I turned the bike back on and the light disapeard....
I ran the bike for about 15min then took it for a spin and the engine light is gone.

now it looks like it is still in the history but gone a s a current code. I guess I will have to run the bike 50 times to get rid of the light..

I would like to thank drdiesel1for his help it is very much apreciated. I could not have fixed it without your help.
thank god too cause the dealer would have taxed me a minimum of $300 plus to do the same thing...
once again THANK YOU....

Old 10-11-2007, 06:56 PM
drdiesel1
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: raaaaaa

well......
Looks like your recomendations worked!!!
after cleaning up the throtle body and IAC I ran the bike, not far maybe 5 miles, to a local coffe house and after sitting there shooting the sh#$% I turned the bike back on and the light disapeard....
I ran the bike for about 15min then took it for a spin and the engine light is gone.

now it looks like it is still in the history but gone a s a current code. I guess I will have to run the bike 50 times to get rid of the light..

I would like to thank drdiesel1for his help it is very much apreciated. I could not have fixed it without your help.
thank god too cause the dealer would have taxed me a minimum of $300 plus to do the same thing...
once again THANK YOU....
You are very welcome. Anytime.Thanks for posting the outcome.[8D]
Now go to the parts store and buy some Chevron with Techron fuel injection cleaner. Fill the gas tank with GAS and then add the required amount of cleaner.
Ride the bike the 50 miles and see how good it runs.....You`ll find the bike starts and runs much better. [&:]Happy Motoring...and thanks for listening to my advise.[:'(]