Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

SERT capabilities

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 02:59 PM
mkultra
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SERT capabilities

Ok just a few questions, does the SERT allow you to adjust the AFR to 13.5 to 1 range or do the O2 sensors still try to put it 14.7 to 1? Can you take it out of closed loop mode? and just say screw the EPA and tune it to run like it should. Oh this would be on an 07 Ultra with a 107 kit. I am shopping tuners and want some info so i dont get taken to the cleaners by someone who really doesnt know how to run a dyno. I know of a few people that claim they can tune a motor but the results of friends bike say different. I know my target is appx 13.5 to 1 and richer at WOT. Ive tried reading up on this but am not that technical so what ive read doesnt mean alot to me...just not computer literate i reckon. Thanks.

mike v

Old 10-03-2007, 02:58 AM
WildBill2566
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: SERT capabilities

A search will answer your questions, but here goes.

Closed loop only works where the cells in the AFR tables show the max of 14.6:1 if you deviate from this setting in all the cells the engine will not be in closed loop.

I have found that downloading a tune as close to your engine/exhaust/intake as you can find and leaving the AFR tables alone works real well if you do what I did.

The link to my previous post below will prevent me from repeating myself. Its simple and it works. I dint doubt that a Dyno tune would get better results, but I want real world driveability and reduced temps, and thats what I got.

I have done about 4000 miles on this setup and all is well. I'm changing my plugs and leads to aftermarket items in the winter and will do some data runs to check the knock sensors are still happy, otherwise I'm leaving well enough alone.

https://www.hdforums.com/m_2031440/tm.htm

Old 10-04-2007, 04:40 AM
drdiesel1
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SERT capabilities

Buy the DTT/WEGO IID from Daytona Twin Tec.
I`m running it on my 07 FLHX and it works perfect. You can run the auto tune mode and don`t need to have some monkey mess with your bike.
The base maps are to start with just like the SERT, then you use the auto tune mode to fine tune it to whatever your motor is. It`sbased on the wide-band 02 sensor inputs. Better than a Dyno DummyIncompetent IMO..[8D]