Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TMAX Install Question

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2007, 09:13 PM
Low_Wider
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default TMAX Install Question

Ok guys, looking to do a TMAX install and have read the manual and think I'm good to go. Yet what the manual doesn't cover and what I'm not clear on is removing the old O2 sensor on the front cylinder. It looks like the sensor cable goes to the bottom of the frame and then becomes part of a ganged cable to the rear of the bike. So it doesn't look like it can be completely removed. Are you just cutting it short? If so, how careful do you have to be to protect the cut cable form the elements? Suggestions appreciated.

Old 09-30-2007, 09:23 PM
Arcane
Road Master
Default RE: TMAX Install Question

Follow the sensor the cable, it will lead you to the plastic electrical caddy just behind/under the regulator. Remove the regulator, and you can access the caddy. There you can unplug the sensor cable. The TMax should have a set of plug covers included in it. Just snapone of the coverson, reassemble the caddy and reinstall the regulator.

Arcane

Old 10-01-2007, 04:23 AM
Low_Wider
Road Captain

Arcane,
I'm good on capping off on the ECM side, I guess my question is what do you do with the old O2 sensor? Do you cut the cable at a convient location or just bundle up the whole thing sensor and all and tie it up clopse to the frame? Thanks.

Old 10-01-2007, 07:18 AM
Arcane
Road Master

Follow the front o2 sensor cable from the sensor to the electrical caddy located behind/under the regulator. The regulator is located at the lower front area of the frame, between the down tubes. The regulator has cooling fins and is usually painted black. If you have already capped the cable on the ECM end under the seat, all that remains to do is cap off the other end which is in the plastic caddy behind/under the regulator. Check the service manual on section 8 page 18 (8-18). Figures 8-21 through 8-25. If you do not have the service manual then you really should make a manual your next investment. It is just about indispensable if you are going to do your own motorcycle work.

Try this link it should take you to the HD web site. It shows a chrome plated regulator for a Dyna model bike. The regulator on your Lowrider will look just like it, only it will be black.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US

Good luck with it.
Arcane