Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

PCIII, Sert, or TMax.. Which one?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 04:18 AM
drdiesel1
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: PCIII, Sert, or TMax.. Which one?

I have the DTT/WEGO IID from Daytona Twin Tec.
It`s a great tuner setup. My 07 FLHX has RHTD`s with the SE-A/C.
The bike runs very well and has no heat issues. I just ordered the Thundermax/Redshift 575S cams from Zippers....The new cams should eliminate the detonation too.[8D]
Cant wait to get them installed and let the DTT retune itand see how it runs....
I just installed the S.E.R.T. with SE-A/C and SE Touring Slip-On`s on my 08 FLHTCU.
It has made a noticeable change with performance and heat reduction, but the aftermarket ECM`s work the best. I know the 08 has different cams with a bigger throttle body bore, but the DTT/WEGO IID setup works better when compared between the two.
If you have an 07 go with an auto tune ECM and you`ll be very happy with it. It`s money well spent IMO. The big plus is you don`t need to spend money and time to have someone else tune your bike.

Old 10-04-2007, 07:21 AM
baldjohnny
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The nice thing is there's a ton of sharp guys (not me!)on this board you can toss questions at, I printed a lot of the threads and keep them in my T-Max manual for reference. Sort of like having an expanded HD service manual available! You'll be smiling soon!

Old 10-06-2007, 11:59 AM
harley_jeff
Road Master
Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

One thing no one has mentioned is the T-Max switches out the narrow-band O2 sensors for wide band ones. Do some research on the i/net on thetheory of wide band sensors and you will see the advantages.