Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Spark Plugs

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 06:42 AM
laynlow
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Spark Plugs

Relax!

It wasonly a question regarding spark plug options, that's it!

I think you need to double check on everything on a HD being made in the USA, don't think so. . .

I'll try the stick and nail first chance I get.

Have a great day!

Old 09-27-2007, 11:13 AM
08CVORK
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Didn't intend to sound tense there good buddy - just observing... Also - you're so right about the parts Harleys are built with. They come from all over the place! The good stuff is made in Japan too! The Japanese are known for good products and they will be the first to remind you (as a customer) that their spark plugs are the best and recommended for their gasoline engines. Cross references come from aftermarket manufacturers. Harley's plugs are recommended for Harleys too - that's what I was saying - but the choice is yours.

I just wonder how many of those UAW workers are driving a Toyota or Nissan in the name of their freedom of choice? Some times the correct thing to do is very obvious...but hard to swallow....

Old 09-27-2007, 05:55 PM
tmd11111
Advanced

So whats more American ? The Nissan or Toyota thats built tight here in the United States by American workersor the Chevy and Dodge's that are built in Canada or Mexico by Canadains and Mexicans.

Old 09-27-2007, 07:35 PM
WVULTRA
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

layn:

I respect that the experienced here say anything other than standard/stock plugs are a waste of money, but I'm having excellent results with NGK's Iridiums in the Ultra.

Old 09-28-2007, 12:17 AM
08CVORK
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: tmd11111

So whats more American ? The Nissan or Toyota thats built tight here in the United States by American workersor the Chevy and Dodge's that are built in Canada or Mexico by Canadains and Mexicans.
I suppose it may be something about the ownership of the company itself? The majority ownership would probably be where the money goes, right? The world is not so cut and dried, there are still national boundries. The flag that waves over a companys headquarters will be a very good clue - ever looked? These US companys are building their wares in other countries due to the labor unions in this country demanding $30.00 an hour for a left front wheel installer. Then that same stupid assed labor union member goes to a Toyota dealer to buy his car. But the company in Mexico is still a US owned company....like on the US stock exchange? What's more American? Silly question to start with.....but that's my futile attempt to answer. I usually try to buy US made products but it gets tougher every day to find them, too many folks don't give a damn anymore. Can you speak Spanish? That's where the US borders went!

Those foreign companys in the US will not allow labor unions. That's their ace in the hole here in the US using all those Mexican workers that don't really need a union to do a days work.

Old 09-28-2007, 10:39 AM
tmd11111
Advanced

Still doesn't answear the question.So if it's an American company but their product is 100% made oversea's the only Americans benifitting are the owners. If it's a foreign company building their product right here then at least they are employing Americans and pumping money into our economy.....Now how the hell did we end up here from sparkplugs..

Old 09-29-2007, 05:24 AM
laynlow
6th Gear

When you have time, please let me know the NGK part number.

Thanks!

ORIGINAL: WVRDKING

layn:

I respect that the experienced here say anything other than standard/stock plugs are a waste of money, but I'm having excellent results with NGK's Iridiums in the Ultra.

Old 09-29-2007, 07:54 AM
WVULTRA
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: laynlow

When you have time, please let me know the NGK part number.

Thanks!
Here ya' go laynlow!

[align=left]
[/align][align=left]NGK Iridium: DCPR7EIX[/align]

Old 09-29-2007, 08:06 AM
Sleeps In Trees
Road Master

I don't see the reasoning behind paying double price for an item just because it has 'Harley Davidson' printed on it. I've used Autolite 4164's in my '02 Ultra w/good results but none of the Autozones etc around here carry em. Autozone actually told me that they can't even order em? I'm gonna try Napa next...

VicW.

Old 09-29-2007, 08:24 AM
08CVORK
Cruiser

The owners are stockholders....capitalists.

Plug Manufacturer TC88/95 Engine Plug Gap .040"
H-D Standard 6R12 high priced standard....
H-D Gold 6R12G rediculous.....and no better
H-D Platinum 6R12PP absolutely nuts....and no better
Champion RA8HC some say these are now made in China
Autolite 4164 The standard
Autolite Platinum AP4164DP2 not needed in a HD
ACCEL 2418Y 2418P department store plugs
Splitfire SF416D The advertising genius here should be commended for selling this crap!
Screamin Eagle EX12S EX12P Harley's burn the customer 'hipro' plugs....!
ACDelco AC has been hiding lately, must be content to make Chevrolet plugs.
NGK&nbs

Quick Reply: Spark Plugs