Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Installed PC III with Rush 2 in pipes and SE AC.

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 06:29 AM
songsmith
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installed PC III with Rush 2 in pipes and SE AC.

In a lot of ways it feels a lot better and stronger. But there is still sometimes a backfire and a feeling it is not quite there yet.

The download I am using is one for the 1 3/4 in Rush pipes and SE AC. Would the 2 in pipes make that much difference? Is it possible that I might be able to use a download for a little better flow pipe and do well? There is not a download for my exact system so I just came as close as I could.

Also, starting is seeming to try to drag down somewhat to the point I sometimes wonder if it will crank. Any suggestions?

I do love this setup. Much stronger than stock.

Tom

Old 09-21-2007, 07:13 AM
murphdog
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Installed PC III with Rush 2 in pipes and SE AC.

The hard starting can be fixed by changing the "cranking fuel" as it's calledwith the SE Race Tuner. This is an engine temperature based table and the settings (in milliseconds) determine how long the injectors open when you're starting the engine at various temperatures. Small changes make big differences in how the bike starts. I had to add fuel at lower temps and subtract fuel at higher temps. Examples: I changed mine from 33.8 ms to 37.9 ms at 20°C andfrom 17.9 ms to 16.1 ms at 128°.Apparently Power Commander has come up with something similar, but I'm not sure how you get to it. Below is from their website, check into it.[/align][/align]New Features for Harley Davidson[/align]Dynojet Research is pleased to announce two new features for the Harley Davidson Power Commanders.[/align][*]The second new feature is "Start Fuel". This allows you to add additional fuel during startup. On heavily modified and/or large displacement engines (i.e. 124 Cubic Inch) extra fuel is sometimes required to ease starting. This is a software adjustable setting that makes it possible to increase the amount of fuel injected into the engine during cranking without making the idle overly rich once the engine starts.
[ul][/ul][/align]

Old 09-21-2007, 07:37 AM
glens
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Installed PC III with Rush 2 in pipes and SE AC.

The Power Commander, for some reason, gets its power from the fuel pump relay. If you wait until the pump quits priming the system when turning on your ignition, you'll have to crank until the pressure bleeds off and the pump kicks back on. At that point the PC will be getting power again and the engine will light.