Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Help with some questions and a delema

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 10:54 PM
05 HD Deluxe
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with some questions and a delema

I am considering installing V&H tru duals on my deluxe. I am running SE 16 gauge double barrel exhaust with quiet core baffles with a stage 1 download. Bike runs good and shows to be tuned PK on the dyno. Well within the safe zone
Question / Delema
DEALER 1says they only use the PCIII and dyno a custom map. They tell me it is not as hard on the bike for dyno time due to being able to make adjustments with it running at different % throttle postions. They like the PCIII alot
DEALER 2 says they only use the sert. PCIII is garbage it will stop working after a couple years. I ask how much time or how many runs. They tell me what ever it takes. Will it have any pops or decel pops. Well........ depends on the pipes.
Both dealers charge 400 - 450 for dyno + fuel management. I know dyno time is expensive, thats what it costs around here.

I am thinking if I go PCII will it fit under my seat on the deluxe ? Why not go with a pre mapped PCII from fuel moto?. They are in WI I am in CA will the elevation and difference in weather make a difference on the map for my bike in my part of the country.
or do I try the VH fuel pak. Not sure I want to try that.
Do I buy the pipes for the 07 and install a thundermax or just leave well eneough alone and ride it. I don't plan on doing any other mods except maybe gear drive and mild cam when it is time to do the chain tensioners. I would like to have the true duals but the cost 1K - 1.5L versus what I am going to gain other than looks is questionable.
Help !

Old 09-19-2007, 10:54 PM
wlbowers
Stellar HDF Member

Received 101 Likes on 44 Posts
Default RE: Help with some questions and a delema

ORIGINAL: 05 HD Deluxe

I am considering installing V&H tru duals on my deluxe. I am running SE 16 gauge double barrel exhaust with quiet core baffles with a stage 1 download. Bike runs good and shows to be tuned PK on the dyno. Well within the safe zone
Question / Delema
DEALER 1 says they only use the PCIII and dyno a custom map. They tell me it is not as hard on the bike for dyno time due to being able to make adjustments with it running at different % throttle postions. They like the PCIII alot
DEALER 2 says they only use the sert. PCIII is garbage it will stop working after a couple years. I ask how much time or how many runs. They tell me what ever it takes. Will it have any pops or decel pops. Well........ depends on the pipes.
Both dealers charge 400 - 450 for dyno + fuel management. I know dyno time is expensive, thats what it costs around here.

I am thinking if I go PCII will it fit under my seat on the deluxe ? Why not go with a pre mapped PCII from fuel moto?. They are in WI I am in CA will the elevation and difference in weather make a difference on the map for my bike in my part of the country.
or do I try the VH fuel pak. Not sure I want to try that.
Do I buy the pipes for the 07 and install a thundermax or just leave well eneough alone and ride it. I don't plan on doing any other mods except maybe gear drive and mild cam when it is time to do the chain tensioners. I would like to have the true duals but the cost 1K - 1.5L versus what I am going to gain other than looks is questionable.
Help !

The thundermax with auto tune module, wide band O2 sensors and will run closed loop is $869.95.

You will not need the dyno. Plus any changes will be auto tuned by the thundermax saving another $400 ~ $450.

I have the sert now. Soon as I can get the thundermax. I'm going that route and sell my ecm with the sert.