Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Dead FLHX after new switch install

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 09:01 PM
rocdoc
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dead FLHX after new switch install

Help! I just finished installing new handlebars, new chrome clamshells switch housings and running the wiring internal on the bars on my 2007 FLHX.
We also installed cruise control and put on front PM brakes, chrome front brake lines, new throttle and clutch cables.
Followed every instruction to the letter and after the install I have no power at all except to the alarm. When the ignition switch is turned to on or to accesory there is no light to the dash, radio, headlight, nada!
I rechecked all the wiring diagrams, the maxi fuse, all my connections, everything. I'm frankly stumped on this one.
The battery has plenty of spark when reconnecting the negative terminal but there is zero power everywhere except to the alarm light. I mean she is dead!
Could a pinched wire in the bars do this? I had to redo the Molex pin connectors on the handlebar wiring but everything lines up and seems to connect just fine.
If there was one wire from the bars not connecting could that do it?
Any help would be appreciated.

Old 09-18-2007, 10:48 PM
g3p
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dead FLHX after new switch install

At this point, I'm thinking your best bet would be to apply the power and use a continuity tester and/or a meter to go up the wires and see where the current stops.