Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

'07 idle

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 08:18 AM
baldjohnny
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '07 idle

First off, I searched past "idle" posts, but didn't find any definitive answers on my question. So bear with me...

The map I'm using (T-Max) had the base idle set at 976. I've read some of the information on what is considered too low by several, and tried to find a RPM setting in the maintenance manual just to verify. Couldn't find anything that stated it must stay above a certain rpm. I lowered it yesterday to 928, the engine sounds fine, putting a steady 13.75 volts into the system, and there doesn't appear to be any issues that I can "sense" with running it 50 rpm lower that the base setting. The oil pressure stays around 10-15 psi, so it looks like the lubrication is sufficient running it at that rpm, but...

With all that in mind, do I run the risk of lubrication issues? This is my first EFI bike, I know the TC is a different beast from the EVO, but is that rpm really that low? Granted, I lowered the rpm in the garage, ran it up to normal temp's and watched everything through gauges, but there's nothing like a ride to see if that oil pressure drops off as the engine heats up in normal riding conditions. Any words of wisdom for someone who REALLY (that wasn't yelling BTW) doesn't want to hurt his bike?