Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

07 Airfilter back plate wiring

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 01:00 AM
Spot
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 Airfilter back plate wiring

Hello,

I have installed a K&N stage 1 high flow filter to my Road King Classic 07. Iremoved the original back plate and disconnected the wiring towhat looks to bea choke flap.WhenI installed the K&N back plate there was no harness for the original wiring to attach to, nowI have a constant engine warning light on my panel. Im assuming its the open wiring thats not reconnected.

Can anyone advise whats ment to happen with the un used wiring and the enginewarning light ?

Thanks.
Spot.

Old 09-17-2007, 04:11 AM
glens
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 07 Airfilter back plate wiring

The wire intermittently sends a signal to a solenoid which activates a flap in the international version airbox. When you take away the load (the coil in the solenoid) its absence is noted by the engine's computer, hence the code/light. You have to provide a suitable load to the connector. I've seen (somewhere) "dummy" plugs you can attach to the connector to satisfy the computer. You could also remove the solenoid from the stock airbox and connect it, stowing it neatly away somewhere.

Old 09-17-2007, 03:59 PM
Spot
Stage IV

Thanks for the reply, my next move was to re-attach the wiring and just secure it behind the new back plate. If there are no further advise, thats what i will end up doing.
G'day,
Spot.

Old 09-17-2007, 08:55 PM
murphdog
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Spot, don't know if you can get Zodiac stuff, but they have a plug in bypass device for the active intake solenoid. It's just a resistor of the same resistance as the solenoid coil packaged so you canplug it in. There was a guy on this forum that was selling a similar product, but can't remember who it was. Maybe a search for active intake bypass or eliminator would turn him up.

http://www.harley-mania.co.uk/produc...oducts_id=1314

Old 09-17-2007, 11:03 PM
Spot
Stage IV

Murph. That looks like it will do the job, now lets see if i can get it delivered.

Spot.

Old 09-18-2007, 03:32 PM
Spot
Stage IV

All my mates that what have / want High flow kit attached on 07 bikes werent aware that the solenoid to original back plate needs to be removed.
i ordered the last from the shop previoius mentioned here.
Jon.