Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Changing Screamin' Eagle Baffles

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2005, 10:07 PM
BikerDC
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Changing Screamin' Eagle Baffles

I'd like to get a little more sound out of my Screamin' Eagle II pipes. I don't want to just pull the baffles. There is a company called Big City Thunder with replacement baffles. Has anyone used these? Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Old 12-03-2005, 10:37 PM
TedMan
Road Warrior
Received 244 Likes on 158 Posts
Default RE: Changing Screamin' Eagle Baffles

Hello BikerDC, I put in Thunder monsters in my SE exhaust (not the slip-ons) and the sound is awesome. Not quite as loud as drag pipes, but pretty loud. Very deep sounding tone. I have Stage 1, but no other mods. Considering putting in TFI, but not sure if I need to. I did get a little more pick-up even after Stage 1 with TM, but top end is the same. Did it myself. The people at Big City are great. Good luck. TedMan

Old 12-21-2005, 03:50 PM
tphillips
Road Warrior
Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts
Default RE: Modifying Screamin' Eagle Baffles

On my '03 Heritage, I pulled the stock baffles from the SE II 16 gauge double barrel slash cut pipes and cut them in 1/2, then reinserted them. Great sound -- though a little loud for long distance travel or anyone riding to the right of me. After time, and several complaints from wife (something about losing hearing in her right ear), I reinstalled 10" long performance baffles that took the edge off the volume, but left the full, open and low sound. Quite the nice setup. Yes, it had Stage 1 already.

Good luck.

Old 12-21-2005, 04:08 PM
HDF Tech
Banned
Received 152 Likes on 43 Posts

Here's something on the thunder monsters https://www.hdforums.com/m_152313/tm.htm

Old 01-10-2006, 02:14 AM
flavoflav
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: BikerDC

I'd like to get a little more sound out of my Screamin' Eagle II pipes. I don't want to just pull the baffles. There is a company called Big City Thunder with replacement baffles. Has anyone used these? Any other suggestions?

Thanks
I was in the same situation as you, I have an 03 heritage with SE2 slip on mufflers, although they have a decent sound I wanted something which had a bigger sound to it.

Thought about the Thunderheader pipe, but at 500+ and a 2 into 1 look that I was not that fond of I kept looking. I decided that I would keep the SE2 and pull the baffels and put in Big City Thunders - that way I get the sound and keep the look of the dual slash cut pipes.

So all I did was pull off the mufflers - pulled out the SE2 baffles - man they baffle a great deal. Anyway to install the BCT baffle I installed it per instruction in the head pipes - i.e. before the SE2 which now has no baffles in it.

Once I was done I was very happy with the outcome - more sound - more power - more torque - worse mileage but oh well.

Easy install - easy way to get more performance out of the bike.

Oh - just as an FYI - I had the stage 2 flash done on my ecm - so you may want to do that or dynotune it with a power commander.

John