Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Tmax vs. Twin Tech vs S&S VFI vs PCIII

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 03:54 AM
dgretz
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tmax vs. Twin Tech vs S&S VFI vs PCIII

Anybody have any experience amongst these different EFI devices? I am trying to decide whatway to go with my 07 SG.

Old 09-13-2007, 07:40 AM
ronyd
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Tmax vs. Twin Tech vs S&S VFI vs PCIII

I've done alot of research on this and it comes down to $$$ you want to spend. Tmax/Autotune wins hands down, with all the threads about it, all are good and no complaints (see alsoat *****************). On the low end $$$, PCIII seams to be a favorite. but with its querks.

I would read the crap out of these threads. Alot of good info...

Old 09-14-2007, 04:17 PM
chester1957
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was in the same boat as you, I spent 8 month agonizing over what to buy, (hate wasting money,) after all the crap I read about PClll frying ecm's serts needing expert tuners hours of dyno time $$$, pulse extenders (serf,tfi and such) tmax $$$$. After reading everything I could find by shovelhead bob and one screaming eagle, I was convinced if I bought the right combo of a/c and pipes, the sert with the canned map for 07 w/02 stage 1 and a good set of slip ons would put a smile on my face. Am I smiling?

Old 09-15-2007, 12:19 AM
ubreal
Road Master
Received 184 Likes on 98 Posts

I did the same thing try them all and they all work, the sert was cool but the ecm is very temperamental many of times I would get these wired faults that would stop the process right in the middle of my download to the ecm. Most of the time I could reload the map and it would be fine. You notice I said MOST[/b] of the time one time my computer died when I was downloading in to the ecm, 3 weeks later I was back on the road. PC III was cool it was very easy to use and work great other than my bike ping when I use it I went through two of them. Put a Tmax in last night man am I impress no pinging and a little popping (very little) and runs much smoother. But I do not want to get my hopes up, let me put a couple of hundreds of miles on it and I will get back on how the Tmax work and how my bike ran. Give me about 3-4 days.

Old 09-15-2007, 09:06 PM
Dalton
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Do a search for "DTT" and you will find a lot of info on this forum and quite a few guys running them, particularly on bikes that have built engines, but some running on stockers too with great results. Either T-Max or DTT, price is similar, DTT is much more tuneable, but T-Max seems to get good results also.

I am running the DTT TCFI II and have had great results, and no problems.