Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Cool PCIII map feature

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 05:43 PM
Dsanchez
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cool PCIII map feature

I've been running a close to stock set up since I bought my bike. I have an 07 EGC w/ V&H ovals & a SE air. I've been running map M812-003 which is the exact map for my set up. It pinged alittle under load so I retarded timing by -2 from 2000-6500 in 60, 80, 100 throttle position. Ping is gone.

So its been months and its been running good...& I see that Dynojet released an advance map for my set up but Wild Pigs instead of my ovals. I wanted an advance map with special attention to the rear cylander. So I got to playing & realized the PC software had the map compare feature where you can compare maps then average them...which I did and then made my own map with afr averaged for the ovals/wild pigs.

End result it the bike is running awesome...a little rich but thats how I like it. The rear cylander seems to run cooler (as it should since its richer) and I don't have any decel pop or ping.

Old 09-12-2007, 05:45 PM
Dsanchez
Road Captain
Default RE: Cool PCIII map feature

By the way...I ran the Wild pig map but it was a little too rich for me and I figured this averaged technique might help on my fuel economy a little.

Old 09-12-2007, 08:34 PM
starbiker99
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I have been running a map from fuel moto and noticed I had slight pinging at 100% throttle as the RPM's get higher. I switched to the PCIII map for my setup (basic). The bike ran as well if not better but the pinging seemed worse. I checked the ignition and noticed the advace of both maps; +4 for fuel moto and +5 for PCIII. I have taken the PCIII and put it to +3 and am going to do a test run to see if the pinging is less.

Old 09-12-2007, 10:27 PM
fastbagger
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

On fuel table 1 you changed all the settings to -2 in that rpm range? I have same set up and have a little pinging as well. hanks

Old 09-12-2007, 10:46 PM
starbiker99
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

On mine the changes I made were to Ignition Table 1 and only to the fields that were a +5 on the original map. I turned the +5's into +3's. I won't get to test until tomorrow to see if it helps though.

Old 09-13-2007, 12:08 AM
Dsanchez
Road Captain

My canned map from Dynojet M812-003 had the 100 position at +4. I changed that in increments of -2 until I get rid of my ping. I currently am retarding both cylanders -2 in the areas I mentioned...but since I running a richer map with individual cylanders I may advance by +1 to see if I can add some timing. In my opinion it runs great as is. I did not dotice a decrease in performance.

Old 09-13-2007, 12:11 AM
Dsanchez
Road Captain

Just rechecked the M12-030 map for the Wild Pigs...they left all the timing at 0....which is stock....not advanced or retarded from stock. So mine is -2 like I said before.

Old 09-13-2007, 12:14 AM
Dsanchez
Road Captain

If anyone wants the map I'm using I'd happily e-mail it to you to look at or use. I won't be back on the forum until Tuesday...when I get back from Delmarva B W.
Again....its an averaged map of the V&H Ovals and the Advance Map for Wild Pigs.
M812-003 & M812-030.

Old 09-13-2007, 06:18 AM
fastbagger
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Dsanchez can you please email it to me @ pg62902@yahoo.com Thanks

Old 09-14-2007, 04:25 PM
Dsanchez
Road Captain

I will be happy to but I'm at Delmarva Bike week and can't get my map to you until Tuesday.

Quick Reply: Cool PCIII map feature