Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Cool PCIII map feature

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 04:44 PM
pittguy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Cool PCIII map feature

M812-030 seems pig rich for just basic bolt ons in the fuel section.Again cant stress enough that these maps may or may not work well on ALL bikes,but maybe good enough to let you ride bike to have dynoed and get better overall results.Playing with mapsis a gamble w/o any proof of what the bike actually needs.This map is available on dynojets site for download for those that may want to try.Get a close map and have it professionally tuned and leave it alone until next upgrade.

Old 09-19-2007, 12:51 PM
Dsanchez
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It was rich. I've made some more mods for anyone interested...I just e-mail three samples to fastbagger.

Old 09-24-2007, 11:23 AM
Wasabi
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, Dsanchez!!!
I have your same configurarion, can you send me your current map?, my bike don´t work fine

Can you help me?

E-mail me: wasabitheband@gmail.com

Saludos desde España!!!

Old 09-24-2007, 03:09 PM
glens
Outstanding HDF Member

Assuming you've got an '07 ECM, you'll need to reset the AFV before you can get the truth about what your maps are doing.

Reset it either via the Digital Technician at the shop or by installing stock airbox/filter and exhaust and ride it for several minutes in steady closed-loop mode.

I had been riding around for a thousand miles or so with just the Rush 2" slip-ons before I installed the KN-3909 and PC-III with Jamie's Fuelmoto map. It was richer than a pig. Reset ECM by reinstalling hardware and now it's spot-on with all the new gear.

Old 09-26-2007, 02:01 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

You guys with the pinging problems might try firmware v2.2.2, now on the PC site. I haven't had these problems, but PC support told me the new firmware addresses them along with the hesitation. It did nix the hesitation on my '07 SG, but it wasn't a bad case, only showing up sporadically and almost unnoticeably.

FWIW, the PC firmware download section is confusing. It has three files available: "Fuel Firmware for Harley Davidson PC III USB," "Fuel Firmware for all PC III USB except Harley Davidson," and " Ignition Firmware for all PC III USB." It sounds like you should upgrade using both the first the third files, but you only use the first. I verified this with PC support a few minutes ago.

Old 09-26-2007, 02:21 PM
glens
Outstanding HDF Member

I already hit the "edit" button and now the other posts in this thread are not visible. Maybe it was here I provided the direct link the other day, but in case not, and in case you're stuck behind dial-up like I am and you don't want to have to endure that unholy site just to get the file, here it is:
http://www.powercommander.com/downlo...ey_2.2.2.0.zip

I realize I've got to be among the vastest of minorities for even looking, but the previous .dfu files contained plain text notes as follows:

Harley2.1.2.dfu:
<NOTES>
Firmware version 2.1.3 for Harley Davidson Models only.
DO NOT install this firmware in a non-Harley Davidson model. Doing so will render the unit inoperable.
This firmware is for use in conjunction with the HUB and LCD Display.
<\NOTES>

PCIII2.1.2.dfu:
<NOTES>
Firmware version 2.1.2
This firmware is for use in the Power Commander only. Do not load this firmware into the Ignition Module.
This firmware is for use in conjunction with the HUB and Display
<\NOTES>

Ignition2.1.2.dfu:
<NOTES>
Firmware version 2.1.2
This firmware is for use in the Ignition Module only. Do not load this firmware into the Power Commander.
This firmware is for use in conjunction with the HUB and Display
<\NOTES>

No "Notes" sections in the current trio of files as of a few days ago.

Old 11-04-2007, 08:10 PM
JoeFLHX
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

"FWIW, the PC firmware download section is confusing. It has three files available: "Fuel Firmware for Harley Davidson PC III USB," "Fuel Firmware for all PC III USB except Harley Davidson," and " Ignition Firmware for all PC III USB." It sounds like you should upgrade using both the first the third files, but you only use the first. I verified this with PC support a few minutes ago."

So what happens if I load the 2nd? Is there a way to zero out the unit and reinstall number 1 only.

Old 11-04-2007, 08:41 PM
glens
Outstanding HDF Member

If you loaded the wrong firmware and the unit still "turns on" then you should just be able to load the proper firmware and be good to go. If it won't accept it, then you'll have to send the unit off and have it done "forcefully".

Old 11-04-2007, 09:02 PM
JoeFLHX
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks I reload the HD firmware it accepted it.

Old 11-04-2007, 09:23 PM
StL Mike
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I try to upload the HD firmware update file to my Power Commander, it just reports an error. Is there something special that has to be done to in order for the Power Commander to excelpt the upload?
Mike

Quick Reply: Cool PCIII map feature