Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

CLB table

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2007, 01:18 PM
TKrustyK
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CLB table

I'm trying to do mods with mt SERT on map #67 to try to make my scoot run cooler and maybe get alittle more power out of it. I've read
alot of the posts about changes to the AFR and and I've fattened the AFR up in the RPM and MAPS range that I'm usually at (1750-4500RPM and
27-50 MAPs)but I'm cornfused about modifing the CLB table. I see where some recomend maxing it out but the MAPS range (40-90)is on the top end of where I usually ride. Would maxing the CLB table have any effect on my performance and or cooling issue?

"07 Ultra Classic
SE Stage 1 a/c
BUB X-Dresser duals
SE Performance Touring mufflers
SERT

Old 09-08-2007, 04:43 PM
Shovelhead Bob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: CLB table

Please do yourself a favor and DO NOT ALTER OR MODIFY the Desired AFR table values... That particular tables values are very good for where you need the power and cruisability..... Plus, the big section that is RED, and has values of 14.6... that is your CLB zone...

You should only modify the CLB values to 798mV, to get your switching value to hover around at 14-14.1 AFR..... Would you rather cruise at 14.6 or 14?????

If you are desiring to fine tune your rideability factor, you will need to DATA-LOG and have use of an AFR Meter (TwinScan is great for this....)

You then add or delete units in the VE Tables only.....

Data Logging will allow you to see what the o2 integrators are modifying the VE tables to, as the ADAPTIVE FUEL is doing what it is supposed to do....

With the setup that you have (True Duals), I have seen that for the most part, the 0-30% throttle position needs any where from 5 to 15 units added in the VE tables, and 10-upwards of 30 units added in the 60-100% position..... varies in between 30-60%... True duals on a bagger aren't consistent in their scavenging efforts, or for the fuel requirements......

If you can find a tuner that is competent with the SERT, you should invest in it to be tuned on a Load Control Dyno...

Old 09-09-2007, 05:58 AM
TKrustyK
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: CLB table

Thanks! I wasn't sure if I should mod one or the other or both. I'll be getting her in for a Dyno this week.
BTW, I want to say THANKS to everone. I've learned alot just reading these posts. Keep up the good work!