Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Hmm I wonder

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 05:16 PM
retep2281
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Hmm I wonder

Just finally installed all the goodies on my dads bike, v&h duals, k&n, and pcIII, however when he took it out and when i took it out the check engine light would come on when you hit about 40, and then stay on, the bike was running fine. I went through the diagnostics and nothing. Could this be the bike trying to read from the O2 sensors wich where eliminated with the pc3, Also could it be trying to read from the hookup that was un the air cleaner box that now just hangs there. I'm at a loss here and we just got the bike back from the dealer after it was there for 2 weeks with a bad computer. I do know some people there and could maybe pull some strings to get it looked at on the side but i dont want them to say its our fault and have to pay 85.00 an hour to have them look at it. Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks

Old 09-05-2007, 05:57 PM
TickTock
Club Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Hmm I wonder

Did you use the o2 eliminators with the PCIII?

Old 09-05-2007, 09:21 PM
glens
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Hmm I wonder

ORIGINAL: retep2281

when[ever we] took it out the check engine light would come on when you hit about 40, and then stay on, the bike was running fine.
In what gear and what throttle pressure?

I went through the diagnostics and nothing.
Well, it's certainly not nothing. No codes in any of the categories?

Could this be the bike trying to read from the O2 sensors wich where eliminated with the pc3,
It was already asked if you indeed installed the dummy loads in place of the sensors. Did you?

It's likely not a case of leaving the sensors on-line because the ECU will compensate for a lot of extra fuel.

Also could it be trying to read from the hookup that was un the air cleaner box that now just hangs there.
It ever just hung there unless you have an international model. If you do, did you disconnect something from it? If you did, when the PC instructions said nothing about it did you expect nothing would happen? In any event it's likely not the case since there were no codes thrown. You do know how to check the codes, right?

I'm at a loss here and we just got the bike back from the dealer after it was there for 2 weeks with a bad computer. I do know some people there and could maybe pull some strings to get it looked at on the side but i dont want them to say its our fault and have to pay 85.00 an hour to have them look at it. Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks
So you don't have an international model, there wasn't anything already connected to the termination behind the airbox (there's a cap on it, right?), there was no check engine light coming on prior to the modifications, there is now but there are no fault codes, and you know how to properly check for fault codes. Does this sum it up concisely enough?