Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Installed DFO on '08 !!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 07:04 PM
mulch63
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Installed DFO on '08 !!!!!

Just wanted to give info on my experience with the REVTECH DFO. I purchased an '08 FXSTC a month or so ago. The bike is bone stock (only cause piggy bank is empty). I hated how lean the bike is set up and wanted an inexpensive solution for now. Did my homework on the DFO/TFI and purchased one. Well two thumbs up. Put on about 75 miles today and what a difference !! First thing I noticed was the idle. It was a bit smoother and the bike just seemed to labor much less. The engine just took on a different personality. Also noticed better throttle response and get up and go. She just kept climbing through the gears. Can't wait to get a Stage I.

Worst thing was where to mount the box. In the pic it shows near the battery, but no way with my seat. Put it right above the ECM with no wire to spare. If you are looking for a inexpensive way to add some fuel without hassles, this is one way to go.

Old 09-03-2007, 08:48 AM
jhill2209
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Installed DFO on '08 !!!!!

Mulch63, thanks for the helpful info. Maybe you can answer a few questions for me. I have a 2008 Electraglide I want to add some fuel to. What is the model # of your DFO unit? Was it plug + play? And does it come with or need O2 sensor eliminators?

Old 09-03-2007, 12:15 PM
mulch63
Road Master

Your welcome. Revtech # 601208. Bought it from American Classic on Ebay. Well there is a description in the DYI section on here. Unbolt tank front and back, raise it up a bit. Unplug injectors and plugin the DFO plugs.Take plugsyou removed and plug into second set on module. Disconnect O2 sensors and plug in bypass plugs. Then you can remove the sensors, howeverI left them in pipesand covered the plug ends.

I'm sure there are better and more accurate modules but I want easy and inexpensive for now. I barely added fuel and my bike runs different. Once I install Stage I over winter, I'll fine tune things.

Jim

Old 09-09-2007, 08:08 PM
jhill2209
Advanced

[:@]just recieved mine and tried to install it; they changed the injector conectors on the 2008 touring bikes and it will not fit!!

Old 09-09-2007, 08:34 PM
shoptroll
Banned

I just installed one on my 07 Streetbob. WOW! You can catch the post over in the Dyna section.

Old 09-10-2007, 10:43 AM
Cruisin1966
Tourer
Received 119 Likes on 67 Posts

ORIGINAL: jhill2209

[:@]just recieved mine and tried to install it; they changed the injector conectors on the 2008 touring bikes and it will not fit!!
I haven't heard of one tuning device that works with the new throttle-by-wire touring bikes, yet. The SERT is rumored for late Sept./early Oct., the PowerCommander is about 6-8 weeks out. Did you ask before purchasing the unit if it would work on your bike?

Old 09-13-2007, 08:22 PM
jhill2209
Advanced

ORIGINAL: Cruisin1966

ORIGINAL: jhill2209

I haven't heard of one tuning device that works with the new throttle-by-wire touring bikes, yet. The SERT is rumored for late Sept./early Oct., the PowerCommander is about 6-8 weeks out. Did you ask before purchasing the unit if it would work on your bike?
No, I just went by the manufacturers statement on what product fit what year, andI took a chance;If I ask I usually get someone in customer service with little product knowledge, who knows less aboutthe productthanI do

Old 09-24-2007, 05:36 PM
Fritz
3rd Gear

Jody,

Have you desided against TV II for the eglide?

Old 09-24-2007, 06:50 PM
SLORider
Road Captain

This is the website that gives the best info. The are the makers of the DFOs. I don't see a listing for 2008s but email them or call. They are the experts.
http://www.techlusion.com/
I've run mine for 2years and don't need anything else (SERT, PC etc.)

Old 09-24-2007, 07:50 PM
glens
Outstanding HDF Member
Default RE: Installed DFO on '08 ! !

They are far from the best web site regarding information on the product! Instead, try here (which isn't a whole lot better).

The units would work as well on the '08 tourers as they do on anything else if the connectors were the same. Adaptors or splicing would get it, I'm sure, for the impatient.

By the way, these things are also packaged and sold as Dobeck, Cobra, Ness, and several others. I highly doubt that Techlusion/Dobeck are truly the ones who developed this.

Quick Reply: Installed DFO on '08 !!!!!