Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

2015 Street Glide Can't Clear TPS Codes

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2024, 05:32 AM
dubyah
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 Street Glide Can't Clear TPS Codes

Hello fellow enthusiasts. I need help with a 2015 Street Glide, 15k miles, all stock. Out of the blue with no prior work done to the bike, the check engine light came on at startup. I made it back home 50 miles on 80% power. The throttle functioned normally and it idled fine, but there was no cruise control. It has the following codes that will not clear. I’ve tried a number of ECM reset routines such as cycling the ignition 3 and 5 times.

p0120 Throttle Position Sensor 1 (TPS1)
p0123 TPS2 High/Open
p1510 EFI Limited Performance Mode
p2135 TPS Correlation Error
p2176 EFI Closed Position Not Learned

I replaced the wiring harness after the twist grip sensor thinking it might be pinched, cleaned and greased the connectors including the one at the fuel induction module. Put everything back together and still couldn’t clear the codes. Test drove the bike and the fuel gauge dropped to empty and the boom box shut off.

I checked the battery voltage at rest, the main ground, and replaced the voltage regulator. Still couldn’t clear the codes. Test drove the bike and the fuel gauge worked but the boom box was intermittent. The volt meter fluctuated pretty wildly between 14-16V while riding.

I’m not sure where to go next. I’m leaning towards the fuel induction module or twist grip sensor, but the gauge and boom box malfunctions make me think it could be something else.

Old 09-09-2024, 01:01 PM
dubyah
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The electrical issues are starting to snowball. I've seen a "V INERR" in the odometer readout on startup. I also have a U0184 Lost comm w/ radio.

But, I confirmed with a voltmeter that the charging volts are constant at 14V, despite the dash gauge fluctuating between 14-16V.

Old 09-10-2024, 10:15 AM
stroisi12
Advanced
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by dubyah
Hello fellow enthusiasts. I need help with a 2015 Street Glide, 15k miles, all stock. Out of the blue with no prior work done to the bike, the check engine light came on at startup. I made it back home 50 miles on 80% power. The throttle functioned normally and it idled fine, but there was no cruise control. It has the following codes that will not clear. I’ve tried a number of ECM reset routines such as cycling the ignition 3 and 5 times.

p0120 Throttle Position Sensor 1 (TPS1)
p0123 TPS2 High/Open
p1510 EFI Limited Performance Mode
p2135 TPS Correlation Error
p2176 EFI Closed Position Not Learned

I replaced the wiring harness after the twist grip sensor thinking it might be pinched, cleaned and greased the connectors including the one at the fuel induction module. Put everything back together and still couldn’t clear the codes. Test drove the bike and the fuel gauge dropped to empty and the boom box shut off.

I checked the battery voltage at rest, the main ground, and replaced the voltage regulator. Still couldn’t clear the codes. Test drove the bike and the fuel gauge worked but the boom box was intermittent. The volt meter fluctuated pretty wildly between 14-16V while riding.

I’m not sure where to go next. I’m leaning towards the fuel induction module or twist grip sensor, but the gauge and boom box malfunctions make me think it could be something else.
Check out the tech bulletin:

https://www.roadglide.org/threads/tb...st-read.15727/