Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

PV4 error reading ecu when recording current tune

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2024, 12:35 PM
Coloradical
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PV4 error reading ecu when recording current tune

Hello friends. First time caller, long time listener. Hoping you could help me with an issue I'm having. I have a 2020 Harley Lowrider FXLR with 10k on it. My original problem was it was bogging out when accelerating with the throttle 3/4 to fully wide open like it wasn't getting enough fuel. Swapped exterior hi flow air filter because I had driven in a severe

rain storm a few days prior. Bought a Pv4 after reading somewhere that the tuner could probably fix the issue through fuel management. I just received the PV4 unit and am having issues connecting and reading current tune off of the bike. I can connect the pv4 to the bike via Bluetooth but when I go to record the current tune it starts to load but instantly stops, cuts power to bike and restarts it. It then sends an error reading message about it taking too long time and to not turn off or detach unit. You then have to rescan to the motorcycle to attempt again.

Firmware is up to date, full battery, but does have a dtc P0523 stating that the fuel gauge level is shorted/open. I have inspected and seemed fine but didn't know how to test with multimeter. My gas gauge light is on empty and is constantly blinking yellow. Additionally, I have a red light constantly illuminated on the dash. I have an LED aftermarket light, a Hi-flow exterior air intake and t bar risers. I've disconnected all of those at the connectors, unplugged main fuse for a couple hours, reset ecm with the on-off- on etc method with no success. The lights on the unit are constant red and green blink one a second. I Have driven 3 tanks on it with no improvement. I had also given it a 3 hole flush right before problem first occurred. I have since changed the plugs and cleaned and inspected connections and wiring.

Coincidently, I somehow lost the fob to my bike but the bike still starts with no security issues. I'm pretty certain it's not lost on the bike anywhere but weirder things have happened lol. I think the constant red light on the dash might have something to do with the security system but not certain. Would you have any suggestions or recommendations on what to do? Thank you in advance!

Old 09-13-2024, 08:42 AM
ChopperBill
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,167 Likes on 1,268 Posts

My 22 Freewheeler couldn’t read the ECM after I had a short while down loading a tune on my PV4. I called Fuel Moto and was told to disconnect the EBS and try again. It worked! Also asked a friend of mine (owned an Indy shop) and they had to do that several times.

Old 09-13-2024, 12:25 PM
WS6_Keith
Cruiser
Received 92 Likes on 58 Posts

Is the run/stop switch on the right handlebar in the RUN position?