Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Target Tune is not working

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2024, 04:33 AM
OakMountainRider
Tourer
Received 55 Likes on 45 Posts
Default Target Tune is not working

Hello,

I have a Dyna 2006 and I do not get any evidence Target Tune is working. The CLI:s stays at 100 %.

I bought the TT-module as an upgrade from Autotune Pro to get the closed loop. At first the WinPV refused to convert my tune, so I contacted the Dynojet support. They "converted" my tune manually by importing a value file to it, they also sent the file to me so I could "convert" myself. When I asked why the tune does not rename automatically to TT, they wrote that you have to rename it yourself.

Anyway, as the headline to this post says, Target Tune is not working, and the Dynojet support has not so far come up with a solution.

The WinPV automatically and quickly converts a Dyna 07-011 tune, but it will not do anything to a 06 tune. The TT-symbol in the WinPV does not lit RED in my tune and the post Target Tune Closed Loop is missing.

My thought is that Target Tune is not compatible with Harley 06 and that the module is incorrectly advertised. Has anyone here a Harley 06 with a working Target Tune?

I am grateful for any answer which could help.

Best Regards
Oak Mountain Rider

P. S.Added are two pictures of how it looks in Quick Tune

Dynojet has not answered my questions about what config3 Bit0 and Bit1 is.

The config2 window.

Last edited by OakMountainRider; 05-05-2024 at 06:59 AM.
Old 05-11-2024, 01:24 PM
OakMountainRider
Tourer
Default Target Tune is now working

Dyna 2006 has a software level which does not match with Target Tune. The solution is using a 2007 tune. Eventually Dynojet support discovered this and sent a tune which I could use.

Perhaps someone will read these who has a Dyna 2006 and is thinking about Target Tune. What you can do, if not Dynojet will help you, is exporting all the values from your tune, then you open up an 07-11 tune and import the value file. Then you convert your tune to Target Tune.

Initially I had a problem at 30 MAP when closed loop integrator didn’t work so well on the front cylinder. The remedy was raising the AFR at 30 MAP, or as I later did, let closed loop activate at 40 MAP instead of 30 MAP.

Last edited by OakMountainRider; 05-11-2024 at 03:57 PM.
Old 07-09-2024, 11:55 AM
OakMountainRider
Tourer

I want to add that the CLI showing strange figures was due to a mistake on my behalf; I accidentally had connected the Target Tune output to the ECM input for the active intake. Luckily there were now 12 V inolved. Anyway Target Tune is now working, but I cannot view the Adaptive Fuel Factor. The CLI:s are active, but not the AFF:s

Old 07-09-2024, 12:00 PM
OakMountainRider
Tourer

I want to add that the CLI showing strange figures was due to a mistake on my behalf; I accidentally I had connected the Target Tune output to the ECM input for the active intake. Luckily there were no12 V inolved. Anyway Target Tune is now working, but I cannot view the Adaptive Fuel Factor. The CLI:s are active, but not the AFF:s. When I look inside my tune in the WinPV, I cannot see anything about adaptive fuel trims.

Old 07-09-2024, 12:20 PM
Schex
Supporter
Received 7,035 Likes on 1,853 Posts

Originally Posted by OakMountainRider
I want to add that the CLI showing strange figures was due to a mistake on my behalf; I accidentally I had connected the Target Tune output to the ECM input for the active intake. Luckily there were no12 V inolved. Anyway Target Tune is now working, but I cannot view the Adaptive Fuel Factor. The CLI:s are active, but not the AFF:s. When I look inside my tune in the WinPV, I cannot see anything about adaptive fuel trims.
Make sure your Winpv and PV are up to date,
Then "update tune using pv", this should expose more tables if the tune was never updated
Then you should see adaptive in limits and switches, make sure it's on
Check that close loop TT is on.

Old 07-09-2024, 12:30 PM
Schex
Supporter

Also, I never use the "quick tune" on the PV, whenever I did, it always made weird changes elsewhere in the tune.
I make changes in Winpv, then send it to the PV

The following users liked this post:
OakMountainRider (07-09-2024)
Old 07-09-2024, 12:38 PM
OakMountainRider
Tourer

Originally Posted by Schex
Make sure your Winpv and PV are up to date,
Then "update tune using pv", this should expose more tables if the tune was never updated
Then you should see adaptive in limits and switches, make sure it's on
Check that close loop TT is on.

Thank you Sir! I will check on this.

Old 07-09-2024, 12:41 PM
Lonewolf176
Stellar HDF Member
Received 368 Likes on 233 Posts

There is no adaptive fuel learning with the Target Tune or the HD Pro Tune.

Old 07-09-2024, 02:08 PM
Schex
Supporter

Originally Posted by Lonewolf176
There is no adaptive fuel learning with the Target Tune or the HD Pro Tune.
I always see it active on the PV and in the logs?

The following users liked this post:
OakMountainRider (07-12-2024)
Old 07-09-2024, 02:40 PM
Lonewolf176
Stellar HDF Member
Received 368 Likes on 233 Posts

But the ecm doesn't have the ability. It has short term but move to a different cell and it doesn't remember what it did in the last one.

Quick Reply: Target Tune is not working