Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

SuperTunerPro File conversion to work with newer models?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2024, 02:59 AM
KineticKill
2nd Gear
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default SuperTunerPro File conversion to work with newer models?

Hey everyone,

I'm new to this forum, so please bear with me if I make any mistakes. I've got a friend who's rocking a 23 fat Bob M8 114 stage 2 with a SE-447 cam, Screamin' Eagle Smart Tune PRO Automatic Tuning Module, and s&s 2 into 1 exhaust. He's using the Screamin Eagle Pro Street Tuner #41001141 for tuning. The only snag is, that this tuner caps the RPM at 5450 in 6th gear, and I've been scouring the web for a way to bypass or remove this limit with no luck so far.

I've tinkered with the Screamin Eagle Street Tuner software for Windows, but it seems to be locked down when it comes to adjusting the RPM limit. However, I stumbled upon a forum post mentioning the Harley Screaming Eagle Super tuner pro software, which supposedly offers more flexibility. I managed to dig up an old link to download it, and it seems promising. The catch is, that it saves files with a .dt0 extension instead of the .lt0 format my friend's bike uses.

So, my burning question is: Does anyone know of a way to convert a .DT0 file to .LT0 for compatibility with the Screamin Eagle Street Tuner software? Alternatively, if anyone can convert a .DT0/.LT0 file to a .PVT file for Power Vision, which could also be a workaround.

I understand that eventually, my friend will likely switch to Power Vision, TTS, or Mastertune, but for now, he's keen on sticking with "Screamin Eagle." I know it's a bit of a long shot, but any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

P.S.
In case no one knows what .dto and .lto stand for this is what both screaming eagle software say when you save a tune.

Delphi Tuning File-.dt0

Street Performance Tuning File-.lt0

Old 04-07-2024, 07:31 AM
Lonewolf176
Stellar HDF Member
Received 373 Likes on 236 Posts

I don't think it will work because the '23 is a "torque management" calibration.

The following users liked this post:
KineticKill (04-09-2024)
Old 04-07-2024, 12:10 PM
paulmedford
Road Captain
Received 170 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by KineticKill
Hey everyone,

I'm new to this forum, so please bear with me if I make any mistakes. I've got a friend who's rocking a 23 fat Bob M8 114 stage 2 with a SE-447 cam, Screamin' Eagle Smart Tune PRO Automatic Tuning Module, and s&s 2 into 1 exhaust. He's using the Screamin Eagle Pro Street Tuner #41001141 for tuning. The only snag is, that this tuner caps the RPM at 5450 in 6th gear, and I've been scouring the web for a way to bypass or remove this limit with no luck so far.

I've tinkered with the Screamin Eagle Street Tuner software for Windows, but it seems to be locked down when it comes to adjusting the RPM limit. However, I stumbled upon a forum post mentioning the Harley Screaming Eagle Super tuner pro software, which supposedly offers more flexibility. I managed to dig up an old link to download it, and it seems promising. The catch is, that it saves files with a .dt0 extension instead of the .lt0 format my friend's bike uses.

So, my burning question is: Does anyone know of a way to convert a .DT0 file to .LT0 for compatibility with the Screamin Eagle Street Tuner software? Alternatively, if anyone can convert a .DT0/.LT0 file to a .PVT file for Power Vision, which could also be a workaround.

I understand that eventually, my friend will likely switch to Power Vision, TTS, or Mastertune, but for now, he's keen on sticking with "Screamin Eagle." I know it's a bit of a long shot, but any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

P.S.
In case no one knows what .dto and .lto stand for this is what both screaming eagle software say when you save a tune.

Delphi Tuning File-.dt0

Street Performance Tuning File-.lt0
the file format has to do with the way the map would be loaded into the ecm flash and getting the correct format is imperative to get the addresses correct or else the tune will be all over the place and can brick the ecm. Now maybe it can be done, but you need to see the hex code and make a comparison . with some experimenting I think it can be done, but if you are not computer savvy its a bit of a challenge.

The following users liked this post:
KineticKill (04-09-2024)