Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Dealer SERT Flash

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 08:05 PM
roadtrip
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealer SERT Flash

I think I just got bent over by my SE PA HD dealer. I took my 2007 softail custom in for a SERT flash after I installed a SE Air cleaner and a set of Rush mufflers. On the way home I noticed it is popping on decel. After scanning the forum I found theat this can be remedied by cutting the decel numbers in the confourationin half (makingit richer on decel). I called the service department and the manager told me the program they installed could not bemodified as it is a standard flash. I think that's a load of bull and they simply don't know how to or don't want to do it. I paid $230 for the map ($154 + labor. what a joke) and for that kind of money I want it right.I'm sorry I didn't put the $230 toward my own SERT kit. Does anyone know if the dealers use the SE race tuner to download these maps? If not how's it done?

Old 08-27-2007, 08:11 PM
scttgr8
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Dealer SERT Flash

a reflash or remap is totally different than a SERT. the erflash is a preset map that is downloaded into your bike with the numbers and configuration directly from HD. the SERT is the changeable mapping tool that can be installed at the HD dealer. the SERT cost about $450 plus labor time to tune usually done with a DYNO. The SERT is VIN specific and not usable for any other bike but yours.

Old 08-27-2007, 08:30 PM
purple haze
Road Master

I agree with RICK. PURPLE HAZE.

[IMG]local://upfiles/24725/B91D4BD3853242B597AA5DE0AE9F46BA.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-27-2007, 08:43 PM
roadtrip
4th Gear

Thanks for clearing that up. Appears the only way I can fix this is to buy my own SERT and download one of the calibrations included on the CD (and tweak it if necessary) OR take it to a Dyna Tuner. I'm wondering if the SERT can access the dealer's flash and I can modify it that way? From what you've said I'm guessing the answer is no. In either case it looks like I'm going to have to spend more $$.

Old 08-27-2007, 09:04 PM
combat_vet
Tourer

Did they not dyno the bike? The SERT pretty much requires a dyno to fine tune the map...

Old 08-27-2007, 09:28 PM
bdavis385
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm really thinking the money I spent on the Tmax was very well spent. In 800 miles I have had one veyr mild pop in the exhaust. I have never have to remap again. The Tmax is what HD should have put in their bikes.

Old 08-27-2007, 11:51 PM
glens
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: bdavis385

The Tmax is what HD should have put in their bikes.
Don't you think they would if they could? Building gas-engine stuff for public consumption anymore is like trying to run the 50 yd. dash with shackles on. At least they're doing as much as they can.

Old 08-28-2007, 05:11 AM
sporty2003
Outstanding HDF Member

to get the best results on any of e.f.i. sert ,thunder max or p.c.3 it should be dynoed. the flash you get at the dealer is good but does not dial the motor in like it should be .got to do your research. there is alot of information on this forum. about that and it's going to help you save money if you do the research.i know it all sounds so easy but there is alot more to it.

Old 08-28-2007, 01:12 PM
glens
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you use the prescribed components for intake and exhaust and everything else about your engine/ecu is within tolerance just the flash will be totally acceptable. Do you think they dyno every bike off the production line?

Old 09-04-2007, 01:37 PM
Pixs
Tourer

Sorry wrong thread.

Quick Reply: Dealer SERT Flash