Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

PV-1B vs PV4

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2023, 06:06 PM
Rounders
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,327 Likes on 1,842 Posts
Default PV-1B vs PV4

The PV1B comes with its own computer, so to speak. $550. The PV4 uses you phone, and is about $150 cheaper. $400
PV1B has auto tuning? And can be dynoed? Where as PV4 is just loaded maps supplied by fuel moto??

Fuel Moto can flash it for $250, and re-flash if needed. When weighing costs, you think for another $150 I can get PV4. But from a tuning perspective is just loading maps? I used to tweak maps, but I think I am just going to go with whatever fuel moto gives me. Both would give me the ability to read codes, and data log, and flash would not. I bought the SERT for that reason, and never used it that way. Just pull codes from dash.

You do have to factor in cost of dyno time. So that PV-1B, is $150 more plus dyno time. Which I am not sure I am going to spend the money. It is an older bike, and when I open it up, I suspect there will be a lot of nickel and diming.

I do get to Appleton on my quite often on my bike. But this build would be done in March or April, which weather is very hit or miss, especially for that long of ride.

I am going to talk to fuel moto, but was curious what people here have experienced.

2007 70k miles, SE AC, fat cat, going to port heads, TW222 cam, I may or may not bore it. Raising compression slightly with .030 head gasket. But keeping it lower compression.

I am rounding off on costs.

https://www.fuelmotousa.com/i-238999...2FFLT%20MODELS

https://www.fuelmotousa.com/i-206348...2FFLT%20MODELS

Last edited by Rounders; 12-29-2023 at 06:07 PM.
Old 12-30-2023, 03:50 AM
60Gunner
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,212 Likes on 904 Posts

Really? Another thread? Do you really think it's necessary? The answers haven't changed.

Old 12-30-2023, 07:33 AM
Rounders
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by 60Gunner
Really? Another thread? Do you really think it's necessary? The answers haven't changed.
I wanted to talk about the differences between these two tuners. But if you don't want to answer don't.

Old 12-30-2023, 07:55 AM
MURPHCC1
Club Member
Received 2,957 Likes on 1,440 Posts

WOW, you're going to get so much help from people around there they're going to trip all over themselves to help you out.
I can see the bus loads of your fans showing up at your door to have the pleasure of being in your presence.

For we are not worthy of your intellect!
You truly are the one and only messiah with the unmatched knowledge of everything under the sun and moon!
We have all seen how you are never wrong about anything you speak of and are in awe of your powers of the English language.
And with all your knowledge why would you be asking us poor low life souls for help?
That seems so beneath you........

The following users liked this post:
NorthWestern (12-30-2023)
Old 12-30-2023, 08:36 AM
Rounders
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by MURPHCC1
WOW, you're going to get so much help from people around there they're going to trip all over themselves to help you out.
I can see the bus loads of your fans showing up at your door to have the pleasure of being in your presence.

You truly are the one and only messiah with the unmatched knowledge of everything under the sun and moon!
We have all seen how you are never wrong about anything you speak of and are in awe of your powers of the English language.
And with all your knowledge why would you be asking us poor low life souls for help?
I started this thread because you filled the other with a bunch of grab ***, and nonsense. I was hoping if I limited to just tech talk I could avoid people like you. Or at the very least have a discussion before you found this thread.

It seems I have failed, because only 20% of this thread is on topic, and I suspect it will just get worse.

Last edited by Rounders; 12-30-2023 at 08:38 AM.
Old 12-30-2023, 09:35 AM
CoolBreeze3646
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 22,178 Likes on 7,675 Posts

Originally Posted by MURPHCC1

Originally Posted by Rounders
I started this thread because you filled the other with a bunch of grab ***, and nonsense. I was hoping if I limited to just tech talk I could avoid people like you. Or at the very least have a discussion before you found this thread.
It seems I have failed, because only 20% of this thread is on topic, and I suspect it will just get worse.
Hahahaha - Pot meet Kettle. Just like when you get into other threads and crap them up with your gibberish. Playing the victim again just like you always do.

However, just to help you out and provide something on topic I provide these links so you can do further research yourself and try and figure out what fictitious tuner you want to by for your fictitious motorcycle.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=difference...=v379-1&ia=web

https://university.fuelmotousa.com/s...-power-vision/

https://www.dynojet.com/pv4

I have not had any experience with Power Vision; however, had a SERT on my 2007 FLHTC when I upgraded it from 96 CU to 103 CU.

Happy New Year & Happy Researching!

Old 12-30-2023, 09:46 AM
Rounders
Seasoned HDF Member

I already have a SERT. I was trying to limit this a technical discussion and hoping you two butt buddies would not find your way in, until after it was done like the thread I started with.

I also though maybe I would get some people that had experience with the products. So far I crapped out on this thread.
Originally Posted by CoolBreeze3646
Hfigure out what fictitious tuner you want to by for your fictitious motorcycle.

g!
Yes, you think I am researching BUYING a tuner for a bike I do not own. Do you know how stupid you sound?

Last edited by Rounders; 12-30-2023 at 09:53 AM.
Old 12-30-2023, 10:50 AM
Lonewolf176
Stellar HDF Member
Received 373 Likes on 236 Posts

Like I mentioned in the other thread, just find a "good" tuner that can use you SERT. You're actual location may help to point you in the right direction.

The following users liked this post:
Fat11Lo (12-31-2023)
Old 12-30-2023, 09:06 PM
Rounders
Seasoned HDF Member

The PV1b is stand alone?? PV4 needs internet?? Does it need internet to load the map, or to just download it to phone?

This was a deal breaker when I bought my scanner. My bike is somewhere without cell coverage. Not sure if outside of shop it would have enough coverage. I could drive it few miles, taking it easy, and probably be ok.

Old 12-31-2023, 05:49 PM
Gordon61
Road Warrior
Received 129 Likes on 110 Posts

I'm surprised the PV4 hasn't been pulled by now ...a quick read to see what tuners are up to these days and Dynojet were apologising profusely somewhere I read.

Last edited by Gordon61; 12-31-2023 at 05:50 PM.

Quick Reply: PV-1B vs PV4