Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

SERT Map Request

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 06:58 PM
hAkron
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default SERT Map Request

I'm looking for a good map for a 2006 Dyna with the SE Stage 1 Air Cleaner and Vance & Hines Big Shot Staggered. This is a closed loop (2006) and I have the 8 degree injectors. If anybody has a solid map for this common setup please let me know. I had the dealer install the pipes and Air Cleaner and dyno tune with the SERT but I'm having some issues especially when the bike is cold it will run rough and will cough at 40MPH in 3rd or 4th gear (no TAC so I don't know the exact RPMs). The dealer didn't indicate which map they used but if I had to guess I would say they probably only had it on the dyno for 5 seconds if that, and probably didn't modify anything from the canned map. I didn't get a print out or anything (I don't know if they typically provide the dyno sheet or not). Maybe they put in an open loop map, or they used the 25 degree injector map or something...but needless to say I don't think they are the best source to tune my bike and I'm not really intrested in paying somebody else to tune the bike. Looking through the SERT user's manual it looks like the starting point map for this setup would be 141NX002...anybody with a map or with some input to get me going in the right direction would be much appreciated.

Old 08-27-2007, 01:05 PM
hAkron
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: SERT Map Request

**Update on my previous post**
I hooked the SERT up to the bike last night and read back the map file name which was 141NX002-356. This would indicate to me that the dealer did install a modified 141NX002 map, which is the one for my engine and with the 8* injectors, so at least it wasn't what I expected before that maybe they didn't load a map at all, or loaded the wrong map, etc, I think they just maybe didn't do a great job dynoing it. Or, maybe it's just a problem with the 8* injectors. The major issue I'm having with the map I'm running is that when the bike is cold, it will miss in 3rd or 4th gear at just below 40MPH. It's almost the indentical spot every time (no tach so I can't prove this) in the RPM range. I can tell when it's about to do it too usually...but it seems like what the issue that the people who are having problems with the 8* injectors are stating is happening with their bike...so maybe it's not tuning related. I don't seem to have the low speed surging problems that they claim to have, nor am I having the cold start problems...if I am they are so slight I'm not realizing I'm having them. I guess my goal would be to get the map file from the dealer, but it seems like from what I'm reading that the dealers are not too eager to give you the map file they've used. If I had that map file I could at least load it up in the sert software and then get some advice on what to change, or maybe try an all together different map, but have the ability to put things back to where they were if my new map is worse.

Old 09-01-2007, 05:22 AM
Black Bart
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: SERT Map Request

hAkron,
You are correct, the dealer will not give you the map. Just find the one in the SERT files that is closest to your setup and use it. Yes, you will have to do some modifying to it but that is half the fun of it. Seat of the pants tuning may take longer but at least you'll know without a doubt that it is done to fit your bike and nota canned map. Have fun!

Bart

[IMG]local://upfiles/16365/1236EB82303242F0831D6756B8DC48F5.jpg[/IMG]