Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

random stalling

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 06:34 PM
deamer
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default random stalling

i just got my 06ultra classic 2 months ago and have put about2500mi on it i did all the 5K service my self and that was about 1500 mi ago just lately it has started to stall when going around corners it seems to loose all electrical power to the engine but not the radio and dash it will not crank when i push the start button i have to wait 30 seconds to 1 min and turn the ignition off and back on some time a couple of times before it will restart seems very dangerous for this to happen I first thought it was the incline ignition kill funtion but it has happened mostly after the turn is completed when getting back on the gas i would like to know if anyone has run across a common problem like this i have all the service manual to repair this bike if i knew what was happen i have a lot of time in automotive repair and have some of the latest daig tools for cars but not cycles any help and ideas would be great

again Thanks Dan

Old 08-26-2007, 07:30 PM
dgriffith
Road Warrior
Default RE: random stalling

My 06 ultra would stall out on a corner sometimes, BUT it was a bad induction module and induction seals and a very lean condition. Had a sert put on it and now it takes spells of not idling down. I,m at a point of offering a bounty to the first person that can fix or tell me what to do to fix this problem. Enough of my ranting.

Old 08-26-2007, 07:58 PM
markymark
Intermediate

Can I joint this club my 06 ultra is having similar problems can I ask what are your dates of manufacturing ? Maybe we have something in common

Old 01-30-2008, 12:24 PM
raylikesbeer
Novice

Dan, is there a rest of the story? What happened?

Old 01-30-2008, 06:44 PM
Trucky911
Road Warrior

Received 70 Likes on 54 Posts

I have 13,000 miles on my 06. After the 10,000 mile check up it started to quit running when I was coming to a stop. It always started right up. It only happened about 3 times and it didnt throw any codes. Did you guys find out any thing with your bikes?...

Trucky911

Old 01-31-2008, 09:06 AM
raylikesbeer
Novice

Trucky, I have a similar prob with my 02 Ultra w/35Kmi. It is so intermittent that am unable to troubleshoot. I have only a "Historic" stored code but am unable to read without a scan tool. My bike can read out "Current" codes using the Check Engine Light. Right now I'm leaning towards intermittent problem with System Relay, Crank Position, or more remote chance of Bank Angle Sensor, I believe the ECM is a long stretch.

Old 01-31-2008, 11:54 AM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Check your bank angle sensor connections first. It is designed to shut down the engine if you dump the bike. Could be a short,faulty connection or bad sensor. I am not sure what the sensor costs but if it'snot too expensive you may want to just get a new one and see if that does the trick.

Old 01-31-2008, 03:44 PM
HOGNUTZ
Cruiser

I am not trying to hijack the thread. What would make an 06 Ultra with 2600 miles"cough" backthru the air cleaner. It does not stall the engine.

Old 01-31-2008, 08:28 PM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

One way to see if your bank angle sensor is working is to start the bike up in your garage and then knock it over and see if it shuts down by itself.......j/k

Old 02-01-2008, 12:15 AM
raylikesbeer
Novice

HOGNUTZ, did it do it before you added the PC? If not, maybe you need a different pc map, or dyno tuning.

Quick Reply: random stalling