Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Front fender tip light ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2007 | 03:16 PM
CardsFanOne
|
Advanced
Default Front fender tip light ?

I have a 99 RK, and the front fender tip light went out. I had some people telling me that my tip light was flashing off and on, and I thought it was a loose or bad bulb, and a few days later it wentcompletely out, so I went and bought a new bulb to replace the old one, but it's stillnot working. I have taken the headlight off and checked the wiring connections and everything looks good.Hasanyone else had this happen to them ? I have not taken the front tire off yet to check the wires to make sure they are not worn. There isn't a separate fuse for this front tip is there? Suggestions?

Old 08-30-2007 | 08:31 AM
NCCopBikeRider
Road Warrior
Default RE: Front fender tip light ?

Bet on wire being rubber by tire or where ti flexes under the fairing when the front wheel is turned

Ride Em Carry Em

Old 12-04-2007 | 11:44 PM
gregm
Cruiser

The tip light wiring came loose and chaffed through on my '05 EGC. I ordered a new wire, which required re-using the fairing-end connector. To replace it you need to remove thebrake calipers and front wheel, I also removed the fender for easier access. I used marine adhesive to attach the wiring to the fender instead of the stick-on holders, it ain't goin' nowhere!
Gregm

Old 12-05-2007 | 10:20 AM
grandpawmoses
Road Master

A wire could have vibrated until it broke and there be no visual indication that it broke. Use a volt meter & a straight pin. Start at the light & work backwards pricking the wire insulation until you get a voltage reading.
David