Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

PV4 Fuel Moto

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2023, 08:56 PM
GPHDXLC
Grand HDF Member
Received 364 Likes on 253 Posts
Default PV4 Fuel Moto

Thinking of a cam in stock 107 with air kit and slip on, No cat. 2020 Softail.
I prefer the PV4 because money is tight. Has anyone here got one from FM. I'm hoping with there support the PV4 will work out well. I've had goodluck with FM in the past. Is saving over $300 for a regular PV worth it? The motor will stay stock except for Cam and Lifters .

Old 07-01-2023, 04:22 PM
GPHDXLC
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by GPHDXLC
Thinking of a cam in stock 107 with air kit and slip on, No cat. 2020 Softail.
I prefer the PV4 because money is tight. Has anyone here got one from FM. I'm hoping with there support the PV4 will work out well. I've had goodluck with FM in the past. Is saving over $300 for a regular PV worth it? The motor will stay stock except for Cam and Lifters .
No one ???

Old 07-03-2023, 12:07 AM
timbo1
Advanced
Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

I'm probably not in the best frame of mind right now to answer your question being the PV4 device requires Dynojet login before you can do anything with it. And over the holiday weekend something has broken on their auth system failing all logins from the PV4 app on my phone. I've reset pw and uninstalled / reinstalled the app to no avail. However I can use the same credentials and login through the C3 tuning software. So the device is totally unusable for me atm.

The prerequisite to login to dynojet is understandable if I needed to access tunes or save what's in the ECM. But I can think of many instances where I may not have internet access or they have a problem like now where the PV4 app would prevent usage due to this top level dependency. Requiring login just to get into the app in a failing situation like this prevents access to data logs, live gauges & reading DTC's in addition to the inability of flashing a new tune.

I've only had the PV4 a few months and it seems there's an ongoing flow of issues trying to use it. I've updated my play store review at least 3 times each time they fix a problem then to have another issue pop up later on. This is the most severe issue I've had as right now I cant use it at all and support is out of office with expected 2-3 day response. Personally I would not recommend the PV4. As the software has been released there have been issues right out the gate indicating a lacking in their testing environment prior to release in addition to design issues like this login dependency. In addition I feel they may be struggling with resources just getting the app to work let alone implementing new features I had hoped for like Auto Tune.

As to FM, I bought my PV4 from them and I've had to call them and Dynojet and the wait time was about the same usually being around 1hr & both companies were knowledgeable and professional when I got CS online, so no complaints in that regard. I actually liked the Dynojet tune for my stage 1 better than FM's, not a huge difference though but FM's had a deceleration pop. The big advantage of buying from FM in my opinion is the double warranty.

If all your looking for is to get the tune flashed to your ECM and never use it again I'd say call FM with your build and see if they see any issues getting a tune for you for a PV4. If your wanting to have access to Live Gauges, Auto Tune or other features I'd suggest comparing other products.

Another option may be to purchase a license and have your HD dealer use the license to put a tune on your bike. I think a license is around $220 and my dealer told me it would be about $125 or about 1hr labor.

The following 2 users liked this post by timbo1:
GPHDXLC (07-03-2023), wilburbill (07-03-2023)
Old 07-03-2023, 09:18 AM
Lammy1000
Cruiser
Received 77 Likes on 44 Posts

In November of 2022 I modified my 2020 Sportglide w/107 by installing a WM8-22x cam, Woods lifters and a new cam bearing. A PV-4 tuner was used with a preloaded tune from Fuel Moto. I don't recall any significant issues with the tuner...may have had to perform some updates.

The following users liked this post:
GPHDXLC (07-03-2023)
Old 07-03-2023, 10:24 AM
GPHDXLC
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by Lammy1000
In November of 2022 I modified my 2020 Sportglide w/107 by installing a WM8-22x cam, Woods lifters and a new cam bearing. A PV-4 tuner was used with a preloaded tune from Fuel Moto. I don't recall any significant issues with the tuner...may have had to perform some updates.
timbo1 is definitely having issues.
You have the same bike, year and did the exact same thing I want to do. Sounds like you're happy but haven't tried to do anything with it. Do you feel it's running that good all around? If so that is cool, but may not be the norm. I just have a slip on ,no cat and a high flow air kit. Since your happy with it may I ask, what is the lowest rpm you feel you can ride in and still have good power at cruising speeds? I'm mainly interested in 4th 5th and 6th gear 😊

Old 07-03-2023, 10:37 AM
timbo1
Advanced

Unfortunately not just me. A Kyle Martin posted similar login failure on 7/1 on the play store. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...et.powervision

It's very frustrating having ongoing issues with a $400 device. Anyone wanting more than a basic flasher should consider the play store reviews seriously prior to purchase.

GPHDXLC (07-03-2023)
Old 07-03-2023, 10:48 AM
Lammy1000
Cruiser
Received 77 Likes on 44 Posts

You have the same bike, year and did the exact same thing I want to do. Sounds like you're happy but haven't tried to do anything with it. Do you feel it's running that good all around? If so that is cool, but may not be the norm. I just have a slip on ,no cat and a high flow air kit. Since your happy with it may I ask, what is the lowest rpm you feel you can ride in and still have good power at cruising speeds? I'm mainly interested in 4th 5th and 6th gear 😊
Running the Rinehart 4" slip on w/FM tuning insert (no cat) and FM ac/dc intake. Lots of bottom end, easily down to 2200rpm, but I am conscious about not lugging the motor. Bike runs great...simply can't get enough.

GPHDXLC (07-03-2023)
Old 07-03-2023, 01:05 PM
GPHDXLC
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by timbo1
Unfortunately not just me. A Kyle Martin posted similar login failure on 7/1 on the play store. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...et.powervision

It's very frustrating having ongoing issues with a $400 device. Anyone wanting more than a basic flasher should consider the play store reviews seriously prior to purchase.
Do you think a Android phone might work better?

Old 07-03-2023, 01:08 PM
GPHDXLC
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by Lammy1000
Running the Rinehart 4" slip on w/FM tuning insert (no cat) and FM ac/dc intake. Lots of bottom end, easily down to 2200rpm, but I am conscious about not lugging the motor. Bike runs great...simply can't get enough.
I have the same slip on as you. I wish a few others was as happy with there's. Is your phone a Android?

Old 07-03-2023, 01:34 PM
timbo1
Advanced

Do you think a Android phone might work better?
I was referring to Android. Look at the reviews in my previous link to Google Play Store. There's now at least 4 people reporting the failure to login. So in addition to my previous rant on lacking resources, poor testing prior to release etc.., I'll suggest they're also lacking in monitoring critical systems that the PV4 is dependent upon.

Apple store ratings are a bit higher but the reviews there are similar to what's on Google Store.

GPHDXLC (07-03-2023)

Quick Reply: PV4 Fuel Moto