Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Dynojet Power Vision 4 on Android

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2024, 01:52 PM
stroisi12
Advanced
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by WS6_Keith
I've also added a few thoughts to your requests...

thanks Keith! Comments in red brow:
As long as you update the description field and/or the calibration ID of the tune file you are working with, this is able to be seen in using VEHICLE TOOLS > VEHICLE INFO from the device.
not showing for me. Just tried it again and am not seeing any part of the description in the vehicle info area.

WinPV shows the last 15 or so tunes opened, from the FILE menu. yea, was just thinking the last few maps could be available inside the app with the last loaded— like what Powercore does as you read in maps. Then you could bounce between them. But once you close the app, they’re gone. And Winpv will only store 2 while the app is open—current tune and compare. Like is said, not a biggie.

With a PV connected and showing PC Link Mode Active, open WinPV and click POWERVISION > DIAGNOSTIC / TEST FUNCTIONS > EXIT PC LINK MODE. You can go through the menus, but without an ECM sharing what channels are available, it doesn't have a way to show you what channels you can set up for gauges, logging, etc.
this is cool! Didn’t know about this. Actually, it does let me go through the signals and modify the gauges. It’s partially what I was asking for but you still need to be connected to the pc. Would be nice to have a battery in it so you don’t need to be tethered.

Old 09-19-2024, 02:09 PM
stroisi12
Advanced

Originally Posted by gpearson_dynojet
Thanks! I've shared your ideas with our product team so they can make some decisions about how/what/when to have us implement! PV "Classic" is a bit of a legacy product, (though we do add new features here and there), so development isn't quite as focused there as on PV3 and PV4, but I'm sure they'll figure out what we can do.
Thank you! But one concern I have is— I don’t think PV4 gives the same access as Power Vision. Unless I am wrong, but this is the reason I went with PV. I would Iike to see the Power Vision get a refresh 😀

Old 09-19-2024, 10:05 PM
WS6_Keith
Cruiser
Received 92 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by stroisi12
WinPV shows the last 15 or so tunes opened, from the FILE menu. yea, was just thinking the last few maps could be available inside the app with the last loaded— like what Powercore does as you read in maps. Then you could bounce between them. But once you close the app, they’re gone. And Winpv will only store 2 while the app is open—current tune and compare.
Works for me. See the screen capture attached.

this is cool! Didn’t know about this. Actually, it does let me go through the signals and modify the gauges. It’s partially what I was asking for but you still need to be connected to the pc. Would be nice to have a battery in it so you don’t need to be tethered.

It has to have a power source, either the bike or USB. No other power options.

Old 09-20-2024, 06:44 AM
stroisi12
Advanced

Works for me. See the screen capture attached.

It has to have a power source, either the bike or USB. No other power options.
right, hence the feature request 😬

I realize none of this is going to get done because this tuner is not DJ’s direction going forward. It’s a shame. Their focus is on professional tuners, not us home street tuners. My next tuner will be a TTS which is much more home user friendly.

The following users liked this post:
Lonewolf176 (09-20-2024)
Old 09-20-2024, 02:23 PM
WS6_Keith
Cruiser

Their focus is on professional tuners, not us home street tuners. My next tuner will be a TTS which is much more home user friendly.
How do you figure that? Dynojet's latest offerings (PV3/PV4) were released at lower price points specifically with end users in mind. PV3 has a smaller screen and uses buttons instead of a touchscreen. Bluetooth app connection/control for PV4 - that's not what most shops will likely want to use.

Old 09-21-2024, 07:16 AM
stroisi12
Advanced

How do you figure that? Dynojet's latest offerings (PV3/PV4) were released at lower price points specifically with end users in mind. PV3 has a smaller screen and uses pop . Bluetooth app connection/control for PV4 - that's not what most shops will likely want to use.
Can you use Winpv with PV3 or PV4?DJ told me no when i was shopping for a tuner. Because if not, Powercore is almost useless to me since I do not have the access code (to unlock full access) that DJ gives to professionals. Without the code you loose access to afr, CDE, IVO,IVC… for starters. I do not like Powercore as much as WinPV.

Steve

Old 09-21-2024, 08:49 AM
WS6_Keith
Cruiser

Can you use Winpv with PV3 or PV4?DJ told me no when i was shopping for a tuner. Because if not, Powercore is almost useless to me since I do not have the access code (to unlock full access) that DJ gives to professionals. Without the code you loose access to afr, CDE, IVO,IVC… for starters. I do not like Powercore as much as WinPV.
Steve
No, WinPV is only for PVT (original Power Vision) files. Power Core will open all of them. If you're at a shop, you can get their dealer level permissions (Pro permissions). If you're an end user, then you'd need the Enthusiast package they have been talking about, to access those things. I agree, and prefer WinPV, but I also have a PV and not the others. If you have a PV, why would you buy one of the others? Even if you get a new bike, just get a license...that's always cheaper than a new device.

Old 09-21-2024, 02:46 PM
stroisi12
Advanced

No, WinPV is only for PVT (original Power Vision) files. Power Core will open all of them. If you're at a shop, you can get their dealer level permissions (Pro permissions). If you're an end user, then you'd need the Enthusiast package they have been talking about, to access those things. I agree, and prefer WinPV, but I also have a PV and not the others. If you have a PV, why would you buy one of the others? Even if you get a new bike, just get a license...that's always cheaper than a new device.
Agree 100%! I only brought it up because it seems as though DJ may pull the plug on it soon. I just wanted to voice my opinion to them. I would never even consider an FP3 or FP4 😬
What is the Enthusiast package ?