Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

MAP/TPS/VSS sensor testing

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2023, 05:24 PM
Md Jeff
Stage IV
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default MAP/TPS/VSS sensor testing

Hope someone can give me answer:

I've got an issue with my 2005 FXDLI, codes P0107/P0122 low voltage to the sensors. I went through removing the connectors to the sensors as I had no voltage on the power wires going to any the 3, all come off the same PIN 14 R/W wire on the ECM. When I did my last test I had the key on but forgot to put the run switch on... my question is in order for the sensors to receive power does the run switch need to be on? Figure it does as there is no engine light on with it off.

I had put the ecm connector back together, the seat back on, the fuel tank back on and when I finished reinstalling the air cleaner I looked down and realized I was testing with the run switch off, pretty deflating to say the least BUT I don't mind pulling everything back apart if it will save me a trip to the dealer for an ecm replacement.

Thanks and sorry for the long post.

Old 04-09-2023, 07:05 AM
hrdtail78
Road Warrior
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 567 Likes on 393 Posts

I don't know. Never checked in off. BUT in order to get this data from a bike that is not running. Kiil switch needs to be in on position.

Old 04-09-2023, 09:09 AM
Md Jeff
Stage IV
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by hrdtail78
I don't know. Never checked in off. BUT in order to get this data from a bike that is not running. Kiil switch needs to be in on position.
Thanks for the reply.

Figured it out and went through the entire process again... live and learn.

Found the ECM was bad , not putting out the 5vdc needed for the sensors and I was lucky enough to find a replacement from the same year and same model, fired right up after the password lean procedure, no codes.